Last month the Gigabyte Aorus FI32U best 4k gaming monitor 2021 appeared. A little later, there was the first sparse information directly from the manufacturer – and now an official product page has finally been put online, which provides extensive key data. We take this as an opportunity to take a closer look at the new Gigabyte monitor at this point.
The 31.5-inch 144hz monitor is equipped with an IPS panel, has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels (4K), and has DisplayHDR 400 certification. Further features are a 1000: 1 contrast ratio, 1 ms response time (gray to gray), a maximum of 144 Hz refresh rate, 10-bit color depth ( 8 bit + FRC ), and a typical luminance of 350 cd/m². If a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series S / X is connected to the Aorus FI32U monitor, 4K at 120 Hz and 4: 2: 0 color subsampling can be used via one of the HDMI 2.1 interfaces.
Speaking of connections: Specifically, the device has two HDMI 2.1 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4 (including DSC), a USB 3.0 hub, a headphone output, a microphone input, and a USB-C port. KVM switch functionality is also provided so that two end devices can be operated with the same mouse-keyboard combination without the hassle of reconnecting. In addition, picture-in-picture or picture-by-picture modes can be switched on via OSD.
Another special feature is Aim Stabilizer Sync, which makes it possible to use sync technology against tearing (presumably FreeSync) at the same time as a mode against motion blur. Incidentally, ALLM (“Auto Low Latency Mode”) and VRR (“Variable Refresh Rate”) can be used via HDMI 2.1. The device also features 123% sRGB, 90% DCI-P3, ESS Saber sound chip, active noise suppression (ANC 2.0), dynamic lighting effects (RGB Fusion 2.0), and so on features are put it in the segment of the best 4k gaming monitor 2021.
The Gigabyte Aorus FI32U can be rotated, tilted, adjusted in height, and Pivot is added. There is also a blue light filter, flicker-free background lighting, and a VESA mount (100 x 100 mm).
Price and availability
The Gigabyte Aorus FI32U is already listed on the Amazon.com online retailer and the price is settling at around $1,449.99.
Gigabyte Aorus FI32U Specifications
- Display: 31.5-inch Non-glare SS IPS panel
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 697.3056 x 392.2344 (mm)
- Color Saturation: 90% DCI-P3/ 123% sRGB
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (UHD)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.181 (H) x 0.181 (V) (mm)
- Brightness: 350 cd/m2 (TYP)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000 : 1 (TYP)
- Viewing Angle: 178°(H)/178°(V)
- Display Colors: 10 bits (8 bits + FRC)
- Response Time: 1ms GTG / 1ms MPRT
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz (120Hz for Console Game)
- Features: Display HDR400, Flicker-free, OSD Sidekick, Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) 2.0, Aim Stabilizer Sync, Black Equalizer 1.0, Dashboard, Timer, Counter, Crosshair, PiP/PbP, Auto-Update, KVM, RGB Fusion 2.0, 6 axis Color Control, Smart OD, Kensington lock
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 x2, Display port 1.4 (DSC) x1, HBR3, Earphone Jack, Microphone Jack, USB 3.0 x2, USB C x1
- Stand: Tilt (-5°~+20°), Swivel (-20°~+20°), Pivot (-0°~+90°), Height (130mm)
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100 x 100mm
- Dimension: 717.6 x 598.3 x 283 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 10.9 kg (with stand)
Recently, Gigabyte has also made available the Aorus FO48U 4K monitor for gaming with a diagonal of 47.53 inches is made on organic light-emitting diodes (OLED), a resolution of 3840 × 2160 pixels, which corresponds to the 4K format, and is also priced at $1,499.99.