Philips has introduced the best portable monitor for work with a 15.6-inch attachable screen that comes with two USB-C ports, both of which support USB-C Power Delivery. This makes it easy to implement dual-monitor setups on the go or to charge devices.
Philips has unveiled a new version of its 3000 series best portable monitor for work. The display specifications remain unchanged, but the monitor gets a second USB-C port. One of these ports is used to connect the monitor to a computer, and the connection can draw up to 90 watts of energy via USB-C Power Delivery.
The second port can supply devices with a maximum of 65 watts of power. For example, it is possible to charge a laptop or to connect a second portable monitor – this is particularly useful in connection with laptops that do not have enough USB-C ports. The foldable stand makes the Philips portable monitor significantly thinner for easier transport, while the angle of the display can be continuously adjusted from 0 to 90 degrees.
The small external display weighs just under a kilogram including the stand. Nothing changes on the built-in panel, Philips continues to use a 15.6-inch IPS panel in 16:9 format with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels and a frame rate of 75 Hz. The screen achieves a brightness of 250 nits, a contrast ratio of 700:1, and a response time of 4 ms. The screen should only consume an average of 9 watts of electricity when in operation, with a maximum of 15 watts.
Price and availability
The Philips 16B1P3302D portable monitor is available on Amazon.co.uk for a suggested retail price of £294.
Philips 16B1P3302D specifications
- Display: 15.6-inch IPS panel, Non-glare, 3H Hardness
- Effective screen area: 344.16 (H) x 193.59 (V)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
- Refresh rate: 75Hz
- pixel density: 141 PPI
- Response time: 4 ms (Gray to Gray)
- Brightness: 250 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio: 700:1
- SmartContrast: 50.000.000:1
- Viewing angle: 170º (H) / 170º (V)
- Display colors: 16.7M (6 Bit + FRC)
- Color space: NTSC (46%), sRGB (64%)
- Features: Flicker-free, SmartImage, Low Blue Light, EasyRead, SmartControl, VESA mount
- Ports: USB-C x 2 (DP Alternate Mode, Data, Power), HDCP 1.4 (USB-C), HDCP 2.2 (USB-C), audio output
- Stand: Pivot (90 degrees), Tilt (0~90)
- Dimensions: 359 x 232 x 119 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 1.03 kg (with stand)
Apart from this best portable monitor for work from Philips, Asus has also released its ZenScreen MB249C, a portable 24-inch monitor that promises to enhance productivity, particularly when used with laptops. The monitor can be connected via USB Type C and costs $349 / £379.