Asus has recently released its ZenScreen MB249C, a portable 24-inch monitor that promises to enhance productivity, particularly when used with laptops. The monitor can be connected via USB Type C, making it easy to use on the go.
Multiple display setups on desktop computers have been commonplace in productive settings for a while now. However, when working with a laptop, users typically have only one relatively small screen at their disposal. Asus has been offering mobile monitors for some time now, enabling users to enjoy increased productivity even while traveling, such as during hotel stays.
The Asus MB249C boasts a large 23.8-inch screen with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels. While this resolution may no longer be considered standard, it still provides a significant improvement over many notebook screens, some of which have lower resolutions, such as WQHD.
Despite its large size, the ZenScreen MB249C is designed to be portable. Weighing just 2.8 kilograms, the monitor features a built-in handle that doubles as a stand, allowing users to position it at angles ranging from 12 to 60 degrees. A special bracket can also be attached to a tabletop, enabling tilting, rotation, height adjustment, and pivot mode.
The Asus MB249C can be connected to devices via USB Type C or HDMI, and it supports USB PD with up to 60 watts of power. Additionally, it comes equipped with two one-watt speakers. The monitor measures 539.34 x 346.3 x 26.6 millimeters without the arm.
Price and availability
The Asus ZenScreen MB249C is currently available on Amazon.co.uk for £379.
Updated on April 20, 2023: Asus ZenScreen MB249C 24-inch portable monitor is now listed on the Bhphotovideo.com online shop for $349.
Asus MB249C specifications
- Display: 23.8-inch IPS panel, Non-Glare
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Display Viewing Area: 527.04(H) x 296.46 (V) mm
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10, H/V): 178°/ 178°
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2745mm
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
- Brightness: 250cd/㎡ (Typ.)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typ.)
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Response Time: 5ms (GTG)
- Refresh Rate: 75Hz
- Features: Flicker-free, Trace Free Technology, SPLENDID Technology, Color Temp. Selection (4 modes), GamePlus, QuickFit, HDCP 1.4, Adaptive-Sync, DisplayWidget Lite, Low Blue Light, Kensington Lock
- Audio: 1W x2 Speakers
- Ports: USB-C x 1 (DP Alt Mode), HDMI(v1.4) x 1, Earphone Jack, USB-C Power Delivery 60W,
- Stand: Tilt (+20° ~ -5°) with arm, Swivel (+90° ~ -90°) with arm, Pivot (0° ~ 90° Clockwise) with arm, Height Adj. (0~180mm) with arm, Z-axis Adjust. (Extend / Retract 0~144mm)
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 539.34 x 346.3 x 23.6 mm / 539.34 x (531.36~711.36) x 302.18 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 2.85 kg / 4.84 kg (with stand)
Earlier this year, MSI introduced the new 15-inch USB monitor PRO MP161 for those looking for a portable second display for a laptop. It has been priced at $179.99 / £129.99.