BenQ has unveiled the new DesignVue PD2506Q 2K monitor, aimed at graphic designers, architects, and 3D artists. The built-in IPS panel measures 25 inches diagonally, has a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels (WQHD), and achieves a refresh rate of up to 60 Hz.
In addition, a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 5 ms response time (grey to gray), 8-bit color depth, and 350 cd/m² typical brightness are promised. The DisplayHDR-400-certified and factory-calibrated model covers sRGB and Rec. 709 100 percent each, DCI-P3 95 percent.
Various image modes can be selected via the OSD, for example, CAD /CAM, animations, or dark work environments. Other features of the 25-incher include Calman verification, Pantone validation, a Delta-E value of less than 3, and two internal 2.5-watt speakers.
Interfaces are DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0, a USB 3.2 hub, a headphone output, and USB-C with DisplayPort alternate mode and 65-watt power supply. Since there is also a DisplayPort output, multiple monitors can be daisy-chained together. Even KVM switch functionality was thought of so that two end devices can be operated with the same mouse and keyboard – without the hassle of changing cables.
With rotation, inclination, height adjustment, pivot, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free backlighting, hardly any ergonomic wishes remain unfulfilled. The BenQ DesignVue PD2506Q weighs 4.4 kg without the stand and measures 335.2 x 570 x 83.3 mm (W x H x D).
Price and availability
BenQ DesignVue PD2506Q USB-C monitor can already be pre-ordered from the Bhphotovideo.com online shop at $399.99.
BenQ PD2506Q specifications
- Display: 25-inch IPS panel, Anti-Glare
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 pixels (QHD)
- Brightness: 350nits (typ.) / 400nits (peak)(HDR)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (L/R) (CR>=10): 178°/178°
- Response Times: 5 ms (GtG)
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Color Gamut: 100% Rec.709 ,100% sRGB ,95% P3
- Color Mode: Animation, CAD/CAM, Darkroom, DCI-P3, DICOM, Display P3, ePaper, HDR, Low Blue Light, M-Book, Rec.709, sRGB, User
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Display Colors: 16.7 million color
- PPI: 109
- Color Temperature: 5000K ,6500K ,9300K ,User Define
- Gamma: 1.8 – 2.6, sRGB
- Features: HDR10, VESA DisplayHDR 400, HDCP 2.2, AMA, Flicker-free Technology, Low Blue Light, ePaper, Solidworks, Calman verified, Pantone Validated, Pantone SkinTone™ Validated, KVM Switch, Auto Pivot, Uniformity Technology, ICCsync
- Audio: 2.5W x2 speakers
- Ports: 1x HDMI (v2.0), 1x DisplayPort (v1.4), 1x USB C(PowerDelivery 65W, DisplayPort Alt Mode, Data), 1x USB Type B (Upstream), 1x USB C, 3x USB 3.2 (Downstream)
- Stand: Tilt (-5˚ – 20˚), Swivel (15˚/ 15˚), Pivot (90˚), Height Adj. (110mm)
- VESA Mount: 100×100 mm
- Dimensions: 550.1-440.1×570.0x256.9 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 7.6 kg / 16.8 lbs. (with stand)
At Gamescom 2022 in Cologne, BenQ also introduced the new OLED gaming monitor Mobiuz EX480UZ. It is the first 4K OLED monitor from the brand, it has a 48-inch diagonal, a resolution of 3840×2160 pixels (4K), and promises a maximum refresh rate of 120 Hz – both on the PC and a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X.
It is also up for pre-order on Amazon.com at $1,711.93 and will be released on October 1, 2022.