The new 34 inch monitor AOC U34E2M screen has been unveiled. The AOC monitor has a VA panel with WQHD resolution (3440 x 1440 pixels), a maximum refresh rate of 100 Hz, and a 21:9 aspect ratio.
The contrast ratio is 4000:1, the response time is 4 ms (grey to gray), and the typical brightness is 300 cd/m². In addition, the specs state 121 percent sRGB, 91 percent DCI-P3, and Adobe RGB is 98 percent.
FreeSync is on board as anti-tearing technology and probably lacks LFC (“Low Frame Rate Compensation”). Picture-in-picture or picture-by-picture modes and a black stabilizer are available via the OSD.
On the connection side, DisplayPort, HDMI 2.0, and headphone output are offered. WQHD at a maximum of 100 Hz is possible on all graphic interfaces.
The AOC U34E2M weighs 7.67 kg with the stand, can be tilted, consumes 35 watts (typ.) in operation, and comes with a VESA mount (100 x 100 mm). Furthermore, a blue light filter and a flicker-free backlight are at the start.
Price and availability
AOC U34E2M 34 inch monitor is priced at £279.99 and is already listed on the Amazon.co.uk website.
AOC U34E2M specifications
- Display: 34-inch VA panel, 6H hardness
- Resolution: 3440 × 1440 pixels (WQHD)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.23175
- Pixel Per Inch: 109.7
- Brightness: 300 cd/m² (typical)
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Contrast Ratio: 4000: 1
- Response Time: 4ms (GtG)
- Viewing Angle: 178° (H) / 178° (V) (CR > 10)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 20M:1
- Color Gamut: DCI P3 91% / sRGB 121 % / NTSC 100 %
- Refresh Rate: 100Hz
- Display Colors: 16.7 Million
- Features: Picture-by-Picture, Flicker-free technology, Adaptive-Sync technology, Picture-in-Picture, 3-sided frameless, Low Blue Light, Kensington lock
- Ports: 2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x 3.5 mm Audio Out, 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
- VESA Mount: 100mm x 100mm
- Stand: Tilt (3.5° ±1.5° ~ 21.5° ±1.5°)
- Dimensions: 817.5 x 475.0 x 253.8 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 7.67 kg (with stand)
Earlier this month, AOC announced a new all-rounder 34 inch curved monitor AOC CU34V5CW from its V5 multifunction display series. AOC curved monitor is suitable for video conferences and virtual lessons at home thanks to the integrated 2 MP webcam with Windows Hello face recognition. It costs £594.48.