Xiaomi has officially unveiled its latest flagship smartphones, the Xiaomi 13T and 13T Pro, promising a slew of cutting-edge features for tech enthusiasts.
Both phones boast a stunning 6.67-inch 1.5K CrystalRes Display, offering an impressive 144Hz refresh rate. What’s more, these displays dazzle with up to 1200 nits of brightness, featuring a peak brightness capability that reaches a remarkable 2600 nits. Additionally, the phones incorporate advanced features like 2880Hz PWM dimming, Dolby Vision, and the immersive sound experience of Dolby Atmos, complete with built-in dual speakers.
Under the hood, the Xiaomi 13T Pro is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ chipset, while the Xiaomi 13T is equipped with a MediaTek Dimensity 8200-Ultra SoC. Both models feature a substantial 5000mm² VC stainless steel soaking plate for efficient heat dissipation.
Operating on Android 13 with MIUI 14, Xiaomi ensures its commitment to software support with a promise of four years of Android updates and five years of security updates for these smartphones.
Photography enthusiasts will appreciate the Xiaomi 13T Series’ triple camera setup, featuring Summicron lenses co-engineered with Leica. The setup includes a 50MP wide-angle camera with a 24mm equivalent focal length and a 7P aspherical lens, as well as a 50MP telephoto lens with a 50mm equivalent focal length. Complementing these is a 12MP ultra-wide-angle camera with a 15mm equivalent focal length.
The Xiaomi 13T Series introduces two distinctive photographic styles: the Leica Authentic Look and the Leica Vibrant Look. These styles deliver natural color reproduction, strong contrast, and enhanced shadow definition while maintaining the classic Leica image aesthetics. Moreover, a custom photographic styles function, initially featured in the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, allows users to fine-tune Tone, Tonality, and Texture at the pre-set stage, preserving more details and colors for post-processing. Users can save their preferred presets to achieve distinctive and personalized photographic styles.
In the realm of video recording, the Xiaomi 13T Series impresses with 10-bit LOG 4:2:0 H.265 video recording and pre-installed Rec.709 LUT. Furthermore, the Xiaomi 13T Pro takes it up a notch by offering 8K video shooting, and the 50MP wide-angle camera benefits from both OIS and EIS for superior stability.
The Xiaomi 13T Series is available in Alpine Blue, Meadow Green, and Black. The Alpine Blue variant features the premium Xiaomi BioComfort vegan leather on the back panel, offering a soft and delicate texture for comfortable handling. In contrast, the Meadow Green and Black models boast glossy glass back panels, adding a touch of luxury to the design. Additionally, these phones come with IP68 ratings, ensuring dust and water resistance.
Powering these devices is a robust 5000mAh battery, with the Xiaomi 13T Pro supporting Xiaomi’s rapid 120W HyperCharge technology, enabling a full charge in a mere 19 minutes. Meanwhile, the Xiaomi 13T offers 67W fast charging, which can juice up to 21% of the battery in just 5 minutes.
With the Xiaomi 13T and 13T Pro, Xiaomi has once again pushed the boundaries of smartphone technology, delivering a feature-packed experience that caters to a wide range of users.
Price and availability
- 13T Pro 12GB+512GB, Black – £699.00
- 13T Pro 12GB+512GB, Alpine Blue – £699.00
- 13T Pro 12GB+512GB, Meadow Green – £699.00
- 13T 8GB+256GB, Black – £549.00
- 13T 256GB+12GB, Black – $549.99
|Xiaomi 13T 5G + 4G LTE (256GB+12GB) Global Unlocked Worldwide (Tmobile Mint Tello Global) 50MP...||$475.00||Buy on Amazon|
Xiaomi 13T and 13T Pro specifications
- Display 6.67-inch (2712 x 1220 pixels) 1.5K AMOLED display, 144Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 2880Hz high-frequency PWM dimming, up to 2600 nits peak brightness, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Up to 3.1GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 8200-Ultra 4nm processor (13T) / Up to 3.35GHz Octa Core Dimensity 9200+ 4nm processor (13T Pro)
- GPU: Mali-G610 MC6 GPU (13T) / Immortalis-G715 GPU (13T Pro)
- RAM+ROM: 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage (13T) / 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5X 8533Mbps RAM with 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 4.0) storage (13T Pro)
- Features: In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor, USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos, Dust and water-resistant (IP68), Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- OS: MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- Rear camera: 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.28″ Sony IMX707 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 12MP Omnivision OV13B10 ultra-wide camera, f/2.2 aperture, 50MP Omnivision OV50D 2x telephoto camera, Leica Optics, 4K video recording
- Front camera: 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX596 sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Wi-Fi 6 (2.4 + 5GHz), supports 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.4, Beidou | GPS (L1+L5) |GLONASS | QZSS (L1+L5), NFC
- Battery: 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 67W (13T) / 120W (13T Pro) fast charging
- Dimensions: 162.2×75.7x 8.49mm(PU) / 8.62mm (Glass)
- Weight: 197g (PU) / 193g (Glass)
Last month, Xiaomi introduced the Redmi Pad SE, a new Redmi tablet lineup, aiming to captivate the mid-range market segment with its slim metal casing, an 11-inch display boasting narrow bezels, quad speakers, and an 8,000 mAh battery, all at an appealing price point $184 / £189.