Microsoft officially released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10080 for phones. Batch update supports for Lumia 930, Icon Lumia, Lumia 640 and Lumia 640XL.
In particular, this is the first time Windows 10 appears on other devices than the Lumia, which is the HTC One M8 for Windows. What’s new in build 10080, the appearance of the Windows Store app Beta and Xbox, has been able to download the universal Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), and the newly designed Video Preview app loaded separately, in addition to the new camera app. Right now you can download the build 10080 by going to Settings> Update & Recovery> Phone Update. Note that in Windows Insider app, you have to select the update mode is “Fast Ring” offline.
Windows 10 build 10080 features:
Windows Store Beta:
This store available in Windows 10 for PC and now Microsoft now bring it to the phone. This app warehouse owned new-style universal design should look more contemporary brand. However, it is still in Beta version, so there are some features as well as some app will not appear in the Store, also allows payment via mobile phone, and movie, tv shows also available, but music is not available now.
If you have problems with Windows Store Beta or not able to download app, you can use the old store.
The Windows Store Beta is available in this build so now users can download Universal Office app which is designed for Windows 10, also includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
Download links for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote.
Xbox app, Music and Video Preview:
Now user can manage information about their Xbox account, connect with Xbox One, play music or video in the new universal interface.
Music Preview will also link to the Windows Store so you can buy music more conveniently and also support offline videos purchase.
Download Music Preview
Download Video Preview
New Camera app:
New HDR features (click magic wand button), video stabilization, digital face detection. However, Microsoft said that the high-end device like the Lumia 1520, 1020, 930, 830, 640 and 640XL will not be able to use some features in this new camera app. The company will release an update in the future to overcome the above problems.
(Also see Microsoft introduced Windows 10 versions: Home and Pro for PC and Windows 10 Mobile)
The error in build 10080 and how to fix it:
- After upgrading to build 10080, you can see the duplicate tiles (Application Search and Phone)
- Some apps may be with the “Pending” word after the upgrade is complete. Restart the phone is off.
- All data and settings for apps installed on the SD card does not fully move from the old to a new build, and you will not be able to run them. To fix this issue, reinstall the all apps.
- The old email app will still show up after upgrade in All Apps list with “Error” text displayed and cannot be removed. This app also shows up banged out on the Start screen if it was pinned previously. It can simply be unpinned to remove.
- If you are upgrading from WP 8.1 to this new Windows 10 Builds, 3G connectivity will be disabled. You need to enable it manually (Settings> Network & Wireless> Cellular and SIM)
- Maybe you will never receive a new MMS messages in this new build 10080. To ensure MMS messages are not lost, be sure to turn cellular data on and also set the limit of MMS data.
- Twitter application may crash, detach and reinstall would fix the problem
- Windows Store Beta doesn’t allow automatic updates of application, we must do it manually.
(Also see Download Windows 10 ISO build 10074 Insider Preview)