Sony has introduced two exciting gaming monitors whose unusual design was quite obviously inspired by the PlayStation 5. Buyers can choose between Sony INZONE M9 27 inch 4K monitor with local dimming and a cheaper Sony INZONE M3 240 Hz gaming monitor model.
With the InZone M9 and the InZone M3, Sony has introduced two new gaming monitors that are particularly striking due to their unusual design. The black and white color scheme is reminiscent of the PlayStation 5, as is the shape of the unusual base. The M9 also has an LED strip on the back.
Both Sony monitors feature a 27-inch diagonal IPS panel. The InZone M3 uses a 240 Hz fast 1,080p panel, while Sony uses a 4K display with a frame rate of 144 Hz for the InZone M9. The Sony InZone M9 promises a particularly high contrast ratio, which is provided by a full LED backlight is achieved, which can be dimmed in several zones. 95 percent of the DCI-P3 color space can be displayed, and the response time is one millisecond.
Both Sony monitors achieve a typical brightness of 400 nits, the M9 has a peak brightness of 600 nits when displaying HDR content. The screens support Nvidia G-Sync, VESA Adaptive-Sync, and HDMI VRR via HDMI 2.1, which should ensure the best possible compatibility with the PlayStation 5. PCs can also be connected via DisplayPort 1.4 and USB-C. The monitors have 2 x 2-watt stereo speakers, a KVM switch, and an integrated USB-A hub with three ports.
Prices and availability
The Sony InZone M9 is 27 inch 4K monitor that is already available to pre-order on Amazon.co.uk for a recommended retail price of £999, and it will be released on August 18, 2022. The Sony InZone M3 will follow later this year, it is also listed on Amazon, but the price has not yet been determined.
Updated on July 11, 2022: All-new Sony INZONE M9 4K HDR Gaming Monitor is now also available to pre-order on the Amazon.com store at $898 and it will be released on August 2, 2022.
Sony InZone M9 specifications
- Display: 27-inch Anti-glare IPS panel
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels (4K UHD)
- Refresh rate: 144 Hz
- Response time: 1ms (Faster Mode)
- Brightness: 400cd/m2
- Static conrast ratio: 1,000:1
- Dnamic conrast ratio: 80,000:1
- Color gamut: 95%+ (DCI-P3 Coverage)
- Colors: 1.07 Billion Colors
- Vewing angle: 178° (H / V)
- Features: Adaptive-Sync (VESA DP), NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible, Variable Refresh Rate (HDMI 2.1), ALLM (Auto low latency mode), Full Array Local Dimming, Direct Lit LED, HDR10, HLG, DisplayHDR 600, Low Blue Light, Flicker Free, Black equalizer, Rear lighting effect
- Picture modes: Standard, FPS game, Cinema, Game 1, Game 2
- Gaming assist: Crosshair, Timer, Frame Rate Counter
- Features for PlayStation 5: Auto HDR Tone Mapping, Auto Genre Picture mode, On-screen menu, Auto KVM Switch (Auto USB Hub Switch), Control for HDMI (HDMI CEC), HDCP2.3
- Software: INZONE Hub, Color Management (ICC)
- Audio: 2W x2 speakers
- Ports: DisplayPort x1 (Ver. 1.4), HDMI x2 (Ver. 2.1), USB Type-C x1 (DP Alt Mode, Upstream), USB Type-B x1 (Upstream), USB Type-A x3 (Downstream), Headphone Output x1 (3.5mm Jack)
- Stand: Height adj. (70 mm), Tilt (0°- +20°)
- VESA mount: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions: 61.5 x 47.9 x 24.8 cm (with stand)
- Weight: 6.8 kg (with stand)
Talking about 4K gaming monitors, Gigabyte also introduced an ultrawide gaming monitor 4K 120hz: S55U 55-inch gaming monitor equipped with the Android operating system, supporting the Google Assistant digital voice assistant, and is priced at $1,099.99.