Some online retailers posted price of Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 and 9.7 around $350 to $400 respectively.Accordingly, the current selling status of these two products is unknown. The Galaxy Tab A 8.0 tablet using the LCD screen of 8 inches and Galaxy Tab A 9.7 of 9.7 inches with same resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, ration 4:3 with PLS panels rather than AMOLED as used on Tab S line before.
The other specifications of both tablets are exactly same, including Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 chip, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, Adreno 306 GPU, 2GB RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal memory and also supports microSD memory card slot to expand external memory. Both Tablets also feature a 5-megapixel rear camera, while 2-megapixel front facing camera.
Both tablets will be installed Android 5.0 OS, in addition to the presence of Microsoft OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint because Samsung has signed a partnership agreement with Microsoft. Users are also getting 100GB of free storage for 2 years on OneDrive.
With the advent of Tab A, we see that Samsung is gradually approaching a consistent name in standard smartphones and the tablets. After a smartphones series like Galaxy A, Galaxy S, then also the tablet line of Tab A, Tab S.
Galaxy Tab A 8.0 and Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Specifications:
- Dimensions of 137.9 x 208.4 x 7.5mm (8 “), 166.8 x 242.5 x 7.5 mm (9.7 “)
- Weight of 313g (8 “) / 449g (9.7”)
- LCD Display of 8.0 and 9.7 inches with IPS
- Resolution of 1024×768 pixels
- Rear Camera of 5 mega pixels
- Front Camera of 2 mega pixels
- Android 5.0 operating system
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Processor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 Chip
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 16GB or 32GB
- Expandable memory up to 128GB
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB 2.0
- Features: built-in OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Battery capacity of 4200mAh (8″), 6000mAh (9.7″)