Samsung A04s is a new entry-level smartphone that brings some significant upgrades compared to the recently introduced Galaxy A04, including an additional camera, a more modern processor, and a faster display.
The Samsung Galaxy A04s is a slightly better-equipped alternative to the entry-level smartphone. Externally, the two devices hardly differ, apart from the third camera on the back of the A04s Samsung.
However, this is hardly useful, because in addition to the 50 megapixels f/1.8 main camera, Samsung only installs a 2 MP macro camera and a 2 MP depth camera. The 5 MP f/2.2 selfie camera sits in a small notch. You can record video in 1080p resolution at 30 frames per second. The 6.5-inch PLS display offers a 1,600 x 720 pixels resolution, but the frame rate increases to 90 Hz.
A Samsung Exynos 850 works inside, which with eight ARM Cortex-A55 cores at 2.0 GHz is faster than the MediaTek Helio P35 with its Cortex-A53 cores of the Galaxy A03s (approx. £125 on Amazon) and through the 8th nm manufacturing is significantly more efficient than the 28 nm Unisoc chip in the regular Galaxy A04 should be.
Samsung offers the Galaxy A04s with 3 GB to 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB to 128 GB of flash memory, whereby the latter can be expanded with a microSD memory card.
The 5,000 mAh battery should enable a runtime of 90 hours when playing music or 21 hours when surfing the net thanks to the economical hardware, charging is via USB-C. The fingerprint sensor is on the side of the smartphone. The device has a headphone jack and a dual SIM slot.
Samsung Galaxy A04s price and availability
The unlocked version of the handset is finally listed on the Amazon.co.uk website in the UK at £159.
Samsung A04s specs
- Display: 6.5-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ LCD Infinity-V display with 90Hz refresh rate
- CPU: Exynos 850 Octa-Core (2GHz Quad + 2GHz Quad) 8nm processor GPU: Mali-G52
- RAM & ROM: 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- OS: Android 12 with One UI Core 4.1
- Features: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, 3.5mm audio jack
- Rear camera: 50MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 164.7 x 76.7 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 195g
Samsung also introduced the new 990 Pro SSD NVMe M.2, which is more than twice as fast as its predecessor and offers 50 percent higher performance per watt, which is said to extend the battery life of notebooks.