Asus is poised to introduce a gaming monitor that redefines competitive gameplay. The upcoming ROG Strix XG259QN promises an impressive refresh rate of 380Hz, ensuring an unprecedented level of responsiveness that caters to the needs of avid gamers seeking an edge in the gaming arena.
In the realm of monitor technology, rapid advancements have become evident not only in resolution but also through innovations like OLED technology. Equally significant is the escalation of refresh rates and reaction speeds. The evolution from the once-standard 60 Hz to the now-affordable 144 Hz displays has marked a paradigm shift in user experience.
With the imminent launch of the ROG Strix XG259QN, Asus elevates the gaming experience further with a remarkable focus on speed. Boasting an initially astounding 360Hz refresh rate, this monitor’s capabilities don’t stop there. Through overclocking, the panel can be pushed to an astonishing 380Hz. Furthermore, the grey-to-grey response time is projected to be less than a millisecond, providing gamers with unparalleled fluidity in gameplay.
Notably, the ROG Strix XG259QN ensures seamless visuals with support for AMD FreeSync Premium and VVR, technologies designed to synchronize the monitor’s image display with the graphics card’s output, a critical feature in thwarting screen tearing.
In a deliberate trade-off between resolution and response speed, the ROG Strix XG259QN opts for the latter. With a 24.5-inch display, the resolution stands at 1920×1080 pixels, a divergence from the modern screen standard. The monitor is certified with DisplayHDR400, while connectivity options encompass DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI 2.0, two USB 3.2 ports, and a standard audio jack.
Price and release date
The Asus ROG Strix XG259QN is already garnering attention, listed at $420 on Amazon.com and $449 on Bhphotovideo.com. Its anticipated availability in the fourth quarter of the year makes it a promising contender for gamers seeking an unrivaled competitive edge.
Updated on October 18, 2023: Asus XG259QN is now also listed on Amazon.co.uk for £462.07.
|ASUS ROG Strix 380Hz 25” (24.5-inch viewable) 1080P HDR Esports Gaming Monitor (XG259QN) - 0.3ms,...||$449.00 $379.00||Buy on Amazon|
Asus ROG Strix XG259QN specifications
- Display: 24.5-inch IPS panel, Non-Glare
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color Space (sRGB): 110%
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 543.168 x 302.616 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2829mm x 0.2802mm
- Brightness: 400cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio (Typ.): 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°/ 178°
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG), 0.3ms (min.)
- Refresh Rate: 380Hz (max)
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Features: Flicker-free, Trace Free Technology, Color Accuracy (Delta E< 2), GamePlus, Low Blue Light, HDCP, Game Visual, FreeSync Premium, Extreme Low Motion Blur, ELMB Sync, HDR Mode, Shadow Boost, DisplayWidget Center, Kensington Lock
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.4 x 1 (HBR3), HDMI (v2.0) x 2, Earphone jack 3.5mm, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
- Stand: 1/4″ Tripod Socket, Tilt (+20° ~ -5°), Swivel (+25° ~ -25°), Pivot (0° ~ 90° Clockwise), Height Adj. (0~110mm)
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100mm
- Dimensions: 55.8 x (38.1~49.1) x 23.4 cm (with stand)
- Weight: 5.9 kg / 13.01 lbs
In a parallel move, Asus has also introduced two new 4K gaming monitors—ROG Swift PG27UQR and ROG Swift PG32UQXR. The former boasts a 27-inch IPS panel, while the latter sports a 32-inch IPS panel. Both monitors feature 4K resolution, HDR support, a 160Hz refresh rate, and a rapid 1 ms response time.