Listed on MSI’s global website is the impressive MAG 325CQRF-QD curved gaming monitor, boasting a generous 31.5-inch display and an extreme 1000 R curvature. True to its name, this 32-inch 2K 170Hz monitor utilizes quantum dot technology, offering a vibrant VA-based 2K resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and an impressive maximum refresh rate of 170 Hz, accompanied by HDR support.
Thanks to its 3500:1 contrast ratio, the black value of this monitor ensures a solid visual experience. The data sheet provides additional specifications, including a typical brightness of 300 cd/m², a 10-bit color depth (8 bits + FRC), impressive color coverage with 128.5 percent sRGB, 96.8 percent DCI-P3, and 93.7 percent Adobe RGB, as well as an outstanding 1 ms fast gray change response time.
Connectivity options for this monitor include two HDMI 2.0b inputs supporting WQHD resolution at a maximum of 144 Hz, a DisplayPort 1.2a that can handle WQHD resolution at a maximum of 170 Hz, a USB 2.0 hub, and a convenient headphone output. Furthermore, the USB-C port features DisplayPort alternate mode, enabling WQHD resolution at a maximum of 170 Hz and providing the added benefit of up to 15 watts of charging power for connected devices.
While the official product page hints at the possibility of a KVM switch functionality, it’s unclear if this is solely a software-based solution. Additionally, FreeSync Premium ensures a tear-free gaming experience.
In terms of ergonomics, the MAG 325CQRF-QD offers versatile adjustments, including inclination, height adjustment, compatibility with VESA mounts (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and a flicker-free backlight.
Price and availability
The MSI MAG 325CQRF-QD 32-inch 2K 170Hz gaming monitor is currently available for purchase on the Bhphotovideo.com online store, priced at $359.99.
Updated on July 7, 2023: the MSI MAG 325CQRF-QD 170Hz gaming monitor is now also available from Amazon.co.uk at £399.
MSI MAG 325CQRF-QD specifications
- Display: 31.5-inch Rapid VA panel, Anti-glare
- Active Display area: 697.344(H) x 392.256(V)
- Resolution: 2560×1440 (WQHD)
- Pixel pitch (H X V): 0.2724(H) x 0.2724(V)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 300 nits
- Conrast ratio: 1000:1
- DCR: 100000000:1
- Refresh rate: 170Hz
- Response time: 1ms (GTG)
- Viewing angle: 178°(H) / 178°(V)
- Display colors: 1.07B (8 bits + FRC)
- Adobe RGB / DCI-P3 / SRGB: 93.7% / 96.8% / 128.5%
- Features: HDR Ready, AMD FreeSync Premium, Night Vision, Anti-Flicker, Less Blue Light, Kensington lock, Wide color gamut, Frameless design, PIP/PBP, Gaming Intelligence, KVM, Mystic Light, Game Assistance, Console mode
- Ports: 2x HDMI (Supports WQHD@144Hz as specified in HDMI 2.0b), 1x DisplayPort (Supports WQHD@170Hz as specified in DisplayPort 1.2a by DP OverClocking), 1x USB Type-C (DP alt. w/ PD Charging 15W), 2x USB 2.0 Type A, 1x USB 2.0 Type B, 1x Headphone out
- Stand: Tilt (-5° ~ 20°), Height adj. (100 mm)
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 701.4 x 270.1 x 479.2 mm (with stand)
In addition to the 32-inch 170Hz 1440p monitor, MSI has also introduced the G242C gaming monitor, featuring a 24-inch curved screen with a VA panel, a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels, a 16:9 aspect ratio, an impressive refresh rate of 170 Hz, and a competitive price tag of $159.99.