LG has surprisingly released a new 34 inch monitor for office use with a white back. The LG 34WQ65X-W has an IPS panel with UWFHD resolution (2560 x 1080 pixels, 21:9), a 1000:1 contrast ratio, and 500 cd/m² peak brightness.
The new LG UltraWide monitor comes with a 5 ms response time (grey to gray), 8-bit color depth, 99 Percent sRGB, DisplayHDR 400, and 100 Hz refresh rate. Of course, 100 Hz would be useful for games in between, but the LG 34 inch monitor also comes with FreeSync (without LFC) and a mode against the blurring of moving images.
A black stabilizer, a switchable crosshair overlay, and a picture-by-picture mode are also part of the game. You also don’t have to do without two internal 7-watt speakers with MaxxAudio. On the connection side, DisplayPort 1.4, HDMI, USB-C, and a headphone output can be used.
The non-curved LG 34WQ65X-W Ultra Wide monitor comes with tilt, height adjustment, blue light filtering, and flicker-reduced backlighting, weighs 6 kg without the stand, and consumes 31 watts (SDR) or 41 watts (HDR) in operation.
Price and availability
LG 34WQ65X-W 34 inch UltraWide monitor is now listed on the Amazon.co.uk store at £389.64.
LG 34WQ65X-W specifications
- Display: 34-inch IPS panel, Anti-glare
- Resolution: 2560 x 1080 pixels (UWFHD)
- Pixel density: 82 PPI
- Color depth: 8 bits
- Refresh rate: 100Hz
- Pixel pitch: 0.312 x 0.310mm
- Aspect ratio: 21:9
- Color space: sRGB
- Colors: 16.7 million
- Brightness: 500 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio (static): 1000:1
- Viewing angle: 178º / 178º
- Response time: 5ms (GtG)
- Features: HDR10, Flicker Safe, Reading Mode, Color Weakness, Super Resolution+, Motion Blur Reduction Technology, Black Stabilizer, Dynamic Action Sync, Auto Input Switch, PBP, AMD FreeSync, Crosshair, Smart Energy Saving
- Audio: 2x 7W speakers with Max Audio,
- Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x USB-C, 1 x headphone output
- Stand: Tilt (15°-5°)
- Weight: 7.9kg (with stand)
LG recently introduced the 24BP450S 23.8-inch LED monitor for small budgets or requirements. The LG 24 inch monitor has an IPS panel with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD), achieves a maximum refresh rate of 75 Hz, promises a contrast ratio of 1000:1, and is priced at £183.30.