The Leica camera company has officially announced three special edition camera is based on a newly developed Leica C, Leica M – Typ 240 and Leica X line with limited numbers in Japan.
The first is the Leica X Vario Matsuzakaya Nagoya 105 years redesigned on the Leica X Vario to commemorate 105 years founding of the Matsuzakaya Nagoya company. Only ten cameras were produced and marked from 1 to 10 on each camera. This version is designed with red color Bordeaux leather that covers the body. The company logo on the cover of Flash included with the words “Limited Edition” and the serial number of the camera. The camera comes with Leica Vario-Elmar 18-46mm f / 3.5-6.4 lens. The retail price announced by Leica is that Yen 399,600, approximately $ 3,291 and is available at Leica stores in Japan.
Leica X Vario Matsuzakaya Nagoya Specifications:
- Touch Screen LCD Display of 3.0 inches
- 16.1 megapixels APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 920 thousand pixels
- Leica Vario-Elmar lens 18-46mm f / 3.5-6.4
- 35mm Focal length up to 28-70mm
- Full HD recording 1080p @ 30 fps.
- Autofocus 11 points
- ISO 12500, 5fps
Next are two Leica M and Leica C Kumamon logo engraved on the body. Kumamon is the mascot of Kumamoto Prefecture – Kyushu – Japan. This character devised by the government in 2010 for a campaign to promote tourism on the Kyushu Shinkansen opening trip occasion to the county. There will be 50 Leica C Kumamon version was produced, where only 1 Leica M Kumamon. The special edition will be available in stores and Tsuruyahyakkaten camera system Leica stores in Japan.
Leica C Kumamon Edition:
About the Leica C Kumamon Camera was based on the compact model name Leica C 112. The only difference is that Kumamon logo is placed at the front of the camera. About parameter, the camera does not change anything compared to the mass version. The retail price is Yen 99,360 – approximately $ 818.
Leica C Kumamon Specifications:
- TFT LCD Display of 3.0 inches
- 12.1 megapixels CMOS sensor size 1 / 1.7 inch
- 921 thousand pixels
- Leica Vario DC SUMMICRON f / 2-5.9 lens
- 7x optical zoom, equivalent to 28-200mm
- Full Frame sensor
- EVF resolution of 200 thousand pixels
- Full HD video recording in AVCHD and MP4
- OIS optical image stabilizer
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi, NFC
Leica M Kumamon Edition:
Leica M Kumamon is based on the famous Leica M Digital Range Finder (Typ 240). On the front, it has a smaller logo and KumaMon symbol. On the lid on, we have a very large Kumamon logo and the words with “Leica Kumamon x” indicates that this version is specifically made for Kumamon mascot.
Specifications of the Leica Digital Camera are same compared with the mass release. Retail Price of this camera is Yen 939,600 – approximately $ 7740.
Leica M Kumamon Specifications:
- LCD Display of 3.0 inches
- 24 megapixels Full Frame CMOS sensor
- 920 thousand pixels
- Leica Maestro processor
- Full HD 1080p video recording
- Rangefinder Manual & Live View
- OVF magnification: 0.68x
- ISO 6400, 3 fps