Honor 70 Hands-On Pictures
Honor 70 appeared at Honor’s booth as a beautiful and stylish phone. After separating from Huawei and operating independently, Honor had successes when they had models that entered the list of best-selling phones in China earlier this year.
The back of the device is matte glass with many fashionable colors. We have Midnight Black, Emerald Green, and Icelandic Frost too. In general, they are all personality colors and are rarely seen on phones. Honor also thoughtfully makes fashion cases with enough themes for the phone, which is quite commendable when accessories for Android phones are not many and available.
With the Honor 70 5G, the former Huawei subsidiary is now offering one of its most exciting mid-range smartphones in the UK. For a list price of £480, buyers receive a smartphone with a 120 Hz OLED display and three high-resolution cameras.
The Honor 70 was first introduced in China in May, and as part of the IFA 2022, the manufacturer has now confirmed that the mid-range smartphone is also available in the UK. The smartphone will soon be available on the manufacturer’s website, and Amazon UK is already listing the device.
The Honor70 corresponds to a high-quality mid-range smartphone – the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G+ and a 6.67-inch, 120 Hz fast 1080p+ AMOLED display can also be found in many competitors.
The camera is particularly unusual because the Honor 70 relies on a 54-megapixel main camera based on the Sony IMX800, a sensor in 1/1.49 inch format. There is also a 50 MP f/2.2 ultra wide-angle camera with macro function, a 2 MP depth sensor, and a 32 MP f/2.4 selfie camera. You can record videos in 4K resolution, the camera system supports a portrait mode with bokeh simulation, a night mode, and HDR recordings.
The 7.9 millimeter thin, 178-gram smartphone has a 4,800 mAh battery that can be charged via USB-C with a maximum of 66 watts. The smartphone is available in Crystal Silver, Midnight Black, and Emerald Green, the variant in Icelandic Frost does not make it to Amazon UK.
Honor 70 price in UK
The Honor 70 5G with 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of flash memory is available for a retail price of £479.99 on Amazon.co.uk. Anyone who buys the smartphone during the launch period will receive Honor Earbuds 3 Pro (approx. £140 on Amazon) free of charge.
- Display: 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 120Hz curved display, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit 10.7 billion colors HDR 10, up to 1000 nits brightness
- CPU: Octa Core (1 × Cortex-A78 2.5GHz + 3 × Cortex-A78 2.4GHz + 4 × Cortex-A55 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G Plus 6nm Mobile Platform
- GPU: Adreno 642L GPU
- RAM & ROM: 8GB / 12GB RAM with 256GB storage, 12GB RAM with 512GB storage
- OS: Android 12-based Magic UI 6.1
- Features: Dual SIM (nano + nano), In-display fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Rear camera: 54MP 1/1.49″ IMX800 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, LED flash, 50MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, macro mode, 2MP depth camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4800mAh battery with 66W SuperCharge fast charging
- Dimensions: 161.4×73.3×7.91mm
- Weight: 178g
Recently, the manufacturer introduced the 5G variant of the mid-range smartphone with the Honor X8 5G. It comes with Snapdragon 480+, the Adreno 619 GPU, which combines 6 GB of RAM plus 2 GB of Honor RAM Turbo as a virtual memory extension and 128 GB of storage space. Honor X8 5G is also listed on Amazon.co.uk at £223.48 in Midnight Black and Ocean Blue colors.