Two DZOfilm Catta FF Zoom 35-80mm and 70-135mm T2.9 full-frame cine zoom lenses for Sony E-Mount with T2.9 aperture have been released. These versatile compact Sony E mount lenses feature a reduced weight of about 1.5 kg, which makes them convenient to use on hangers. The lenses are suitable for shooting scenes from cars and creating live shows and documentaries.
Two new Sony E mount lenses have a manual focus range of 270 °, with almost no “breathing” effect, which allows you to change focus and prioritize compositions when shooting without losing quality.
With a 16-bladed aperture and a wide aperture range from T2.9 to T22, the DZOfilm Catta FF Zoom 35-80/70-135 T2.9 lenses produce soft, rounded bokeh with a natural transition. The close focal length ensures that the details and characteristics of your subjects are captured with optimal sharpness.
Equipped with a 77mm detachable front filter, the DZOfilm Catta zoom lenses also feature a built-in rear filter, allowing you to freely change the rear ND/UV/banding/fog filter.
Both DZOfilm Catta FF Zoom 35-80/70-135 T2.9 lenses are built using E-mounts. But there is the possibility of using additional mounts to meet a variety of needs, for example, RF/L/Z-Mount and Fujifilm X. The quick-change mount makes it easy and quick to replace them without the use of special tools.
Price and availability
- DZOFilm Catta 35-80mm T2.9 lens can be pre-ordered for $3,099 on the Bhphotovideo.com website.
- DZOFilm Catta 70-135mm T2.9 lens can be pre-ordered for $3,099 on the Bhphotovideo.com website.
It is also possible to purchase both Sony E mount lenses bundle with a hard carrying case for $5,899 on the Bhphotovideo.com website.
DZOfilm Catta FF Zoom 35-80mm and 70-135mm T2.9 specifications
- Focal Length: 35-80mm / 70-135mm
- Lens Mount: Sony E
- Lens Format Coverage: Full Frame
- Image Circle: 43.5 mm
- Maximum Aperture: T2.9
- Minimum Aperture: T22
- Minimum Focus Distance: From Unspecified Point in Lens: 29.5″ / 75 cm
- Diaphragm Blades: 16
- Gear MOD & Pitch: Focus: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch; Iris: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch; Zoom: 0.8 MOD / 32 Pitch
- Front Diameter: 80 mm
- Filter Thread: 77 mm
- Focus Scales: Imperial
- Focus Rotation: 240°
- Iris Rotation: 75°
- Zoom Rotation: 100°
- Zoom Ratio: 2.3x (35-80mm) / 1.9x (70-135mm)
- Electronic Communication: No
- Image Stabilization: No
- Dimensions (W x H): 8.4 x 3.1″ / 214.4 x 80 mm
- Weight: 3.4 lb / 1532 g (35-80mm); 3.5 lb / 1597 g (70-135mm)
Recently, Sony introduced another wide angle lens with power zoom for its mirrorless full-frame cameras: the Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f4 G (approx. $1,200 on Amazon), which covers the most popular wide-angle range. The wide lens is extremely compact and light (353 g) and should be aimed more at filmmakers than photographers because it is designed as a motor zoom, which is why the lens name has the abbreviation “PZ” for Power Zoom indicates.