Canon has officially launched a new compact superzoom camera named PowerShot G3 X, the camera is equipped with a 25x zoom lens with an aperture of f/2.8 and extends the focal length from 24mm to 600mm.
The Canon PowerShot G3X camera has a touch screen LCD display of 3.2 inches can flip to capture pictures or take a selfie from various angles, the sensor size to 1 inch, a resolution of 20.2-megapixel, ISO 125-12800 and the selling price around $1,000 in the US.
Unfortunately, the Canon G3 X has no electronic viewfinder that can be purchased to leave if necessary. Compared to its opponents in the same superzoom camera segment like Sony RX10 II (24-200mm, price $1300) or Panasonic FZ1000 (25-400mm, price $700), the Canon G3X will take you all the way out to a 600mm-equivalent telephoto. However, the Sony RX10 II camera has a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture across the whole zoom range, and the Panasonic FZ1000 with f/2.8 at wide-angle to f/4.0 at telephoto. The Canon G3 X, by contrast, starts at f/2.8 at wide angle, but arrives at f/5.6 by the telephoto position.
The back panel of the Canon G3X with 3.2-inch touch screen LCD, a resolution of 1.62 million pixels. It has hot-shoe mounted design precludes use with external strobes, removable flash and 2 wheel control for various modes. While its sensitivity range of ISO 125 to 12,800 equivalents fairly closely matches the standard, DIGIC 6 Processor camera for a rate of 5.9 frames per second with focus locked from the first frame.
There is not any EVF electronic viewfinder accessory, but it is available at online store, and has a list price of $300. In addition, the Canon G3 X also has Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity to connect easily with any smartphones to transfer images at high-speed.
Canon G3 X Specifications:
- Dimensions of 123 x 77 x 105 mm
- Weight of 733g
- Touch Screen TFT-LCD Flip Display of 3 inches, 1.62 million pixels
- 20.2 megapixels BSI CMOS Sensor
- Sensor Size: 1″
- Maximum resolution of 5472 x 3648 pixels
- DIGIC 6 Processor
- Canon Zoom Lens with USM; 18 elements in 13 groups
- Focal Length: 24 – 600 mm
- 25x optical zoom
- Built-in 3-stop ND filter
- Built-in Flash
- Auto ISO 125-12800
- Full HD recording 1920×1080 pixels @ 60p/30p/24p
- Auto focus 31 points, Contrast Detect AF
- Viewfinder: No
- Shutter speed – Min. 30 sec. Max. 1/2000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 5.9 fps
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi, NFC, Micro-USB 2.0, Microphone, Headphone, mini HDMI port, SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Lithium-ion NB-10L Battery