Asus has introduced a new Detachable laptop based on Chromebook OS with an ARM chip from MediaTek, named Asus Chromebook CM3 weighs 510 grams only, which has presented as a tablet with a keyboard case.
The Asus Chromebook Detachable CM3 (CM3000) is a tablet with a detachable keyboard, a retractable stylus, and a fold-out stand that can be used in portrait or landscape format. This design allows the device to be used either as a 510 gram, 7.9-millimeter thin tablet or as a traditional notebook.
Asus relies on a 10.5-inch touchscreen in 16:10 format with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 pixels and a brightness of 320 nits. In combination with the keyboard cover, which also has a trackpad, the device turns into a laptop based on a MediaTek 8183, which has four ARM Cortex-A73 and four Cortex-A53 processor cores.
The battery is not huge on Chromebook with a capacity of 27 Wh, but Asus promises a runtime of twelve hours thanks to the economical chip. It is charged via USB-C with up to 45 watts. The Chromebook CM3 offers 4 GB LPDDR4x memory, either 64 GB or 128 GB eMMC storage, a 2-megapixel front camera, and an 8 MP main camera.
Asus is using a garaged stylus for Chromebook, which not only gives a safe and convenient place to store it, it also charges the stylus automatically when garaged. This Chromebook boasts up to 12 hours of battery life and comes with a 45W fast charge supported adapter.
Price and availability
Asus Chromebook Detachable CM3 is now available to buy on Amazon.com for $349.99.
Asus Chromebook CM3 Specifications
- Processor: 2Ghz MediaTek 8183 Octa-core Processor
- Graphics: Arm Mali-G72 MP3
- Display: 10.5 inch LCD screen ( WUXGA / 1920 x 1200 / Glossy / Touch and Stylus support / 320nits / 118% sRGB )
- Memory: 4GB ram ( LPDDR4X on board )
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB eMMC
- Ports: 1x USB 2.0 Type-C, 3.5mm combo headphone jack
- Cameras: 2MP front / 8MP rear
- Audio: Built-in speaker, Built-in microphone, Google Assistant voice-recognition support
- Battery: 2-cell 27Whrs battery ( up to 12 hours battery life )
- Operating system: Google Chrome OS
- Power supply: 45W USB Type-C charger ( 15V DC, 3A )
- Weight: 0.51 kg
- Build: US MIL-STD 810H military-grade standard
- Security: Titan C Security Chip
- Package contents: Garaged USI stylus, Detachable Keyboard, and Stand cover
- Color: Mineral Grey
Recently, Acer has also introduced a new ARM-based Chromebook, thanks to the chips from MediaTek, first-class battery life should be made possible. The Acer Chromebook 311 is said to be particularly suitable for use in the classroom thanks to its robust housing and is priced at $266.83.