With the 40B1U5600, the MMD brand Philips has unveiled a new 1440p 120Hz monitor for office use, which is also suitable as an all-rounder in terms of its key features. The 40 inch monitor has an IPS panel with UWQHD resolution (3440×1440 pixels, 21:9), promises a refresh rate of up to 120 Hz, and is DisplayHDR 400 certified.
The Philips 40B1U5600 does not have a curved display, which should not be for everyone given the ultra-wide format. Other features of the new UltraWide monitor include 8-bit color depth, 4 ms response time (grey to gray), 500 cd/m² brightness, 1200:1 contrast, 121 percent sRGB, and a Delta-E value of less than 2.
Two internal 5 -Watt speakers are part of the device as well as Adaptive Sync (probably without LFC) and picture-in-picture or picture-by-picture modes. Thanks to the KVM switch, you can operate two end devices with the same mouse-keyboard combination without having to constantly switch cables.
On the connection side, DisplayPort 1.4 (UWQHD at max. 120 Hz), HDMI 2.0 (UWQHD at max. 100 Hz), a USB 3.2 hub (Gen 1), a headphone output and USB-C with DisplayPort alternate mode (UWQHD at max. 120 Hz) and up to 100-watt power supply can be used. If desired, sensors for ambient light and person detection automatically reduce the luminance of the monitor to save energy.
On the ergonomic side, rotation, tilt, height adjustment, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free backlighting are available. A fold-out headphone hook is placed on the side of the screen. The mercury-free Philips 40B1U5600 weighs 9.72 kg without the stand and dimensions of 944 x 419 x 54 mm (W x H x D) and consumes 39 watts (SDR) or 70 watts (HDR) in operation.
Price and availability
Philips 40B1U5600 UltraWide 1440p 120Hz monitor is now listed on the Amazon.co.uk store at £649.
Philips 40B1U5600 specifications
- Display: 40-inch IPS panel, Anti-Glare, 3H, Haze 25%
- Effective viewing area: 926.22 (H) x 387.72 (V)
- Aspect ratio: 21:9
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 (WQHD)
- Refresh rate: 120 Hz
- Pixel Density: 94 PPI
- Response time (typical): 4 ms (Grey to Grey)
- Brightness: 500 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio (typical): 1200:1
- SmartContrast: 50,000,000:1
- Pixel pitch: 0.26925 x 0.26925 mm
- Viewing angle: 178º (H)/178º (V) @ C/R > 10
- Display colors: 16.7 M (8-bit)
- Colour gamut (typical): NTSC 102%, sRGB 121%
- Features: Flicker-free, SmartImage, DisplayHDR 400, SmartUniformity (93 ~ 105%), Delta E < 2, sRGB, LowBlue Mode, EasyRead, Adaptive sync, PIP/PBP mode, KVM, Kensington lock
- Ports: HDMI 2.0 x 1, DisplayPort 1.4 x 1, USB-C x 1 (upstream, DP Alt mode, Data, PD up to 100 W), HDCP 1.4 (HDMI/DisplayPort/USB-C), HDCP 2.2 (HDMI/DisplayPort/USB-C), HBR3 (USB-C/DisplayPort), USB 3.2 Gen 1/5 Gbps, USB-B upstream x 1, USB-A downstream x 4 (with 1 for fast charge B.C 1.2), USB-C downstream x 1 (Data, PD 15 W), Audio out
- Audio: 5 W x 2 speakers
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: Height adj. (150 mm), Swivel (-/+ 180 ), Tilt (-5/30), Slant adjust (-/+ 2)
- Dimensions: 944 x 628 x 280 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 13.94 kg (with stand)
Philips recently announced two business monitors for office users: Philips 24B1U5301H and Philips 27B1U5601H. They offer numerous features such as an integrated KVM switch, USB-C docking with RJ45 Ethernet, and up to 100 watts of charging power.