Philips introduced the 27B1U5601H Business monitor aimed at delivering “a new level of convenience and productivity”. The new USB C monitor comes with KVM switch and webcam. Philips also included a USB Type-C docking station that can power devices up to 100W.
Philips has unveiled the 27B1U5601H monitor it describes as having been “designed to meet the dynamic needs” of modern professionals. As its name suggests, the 27B1U5601H is a 24-inch monitor with an IPS panel.
Philips 27B1U5601H uses an IPS panel, which has a 75Hz refresh rate, 2560 x 1440 pixel output (QHD), and support for W-LED backlights. Additionally, Philips equips this monitor with a USB Type-C docking hub that can power laptops up to 100W, while offering an RJ45 Ethernet connection, four USB 3.2 Type-A ports, and DisplayPort connectivity.
Incidentally, Philips has included a KVM switch in this monitor, along with a 5MP webcam supporting Windows Hello, a noise-canceling microphone, and stereo speakers. Additionally, Philips built the trio using its SmartErgoBase, which supports tilt, swivel, and height adjustment.
Price and availability
Philips has priced the 27B1U5601H at £720 and it can be purchased through the Amazon.co.uk store.
Philips 27B1U5601H specifications
- Display: 27-inch IPS panel, Anti-Glare, 3H, Haze 25%
- Effective viewing area: 596.736 (H) x 335.664 (V)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (QHD)
- Refresh rate: 75 Hz
- Pixel Density: 109 PPI
- Response time (typical): 4 ms (Grey to Grey)
- Brightness: 350 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio (typical): 1000:1
- SmartContrast: 50,000,000:1
- Pixel pitch: 0.2331 x 0.2331 mm
- Viewing angle: 178º (H)/178º (V) @ C/R > 10
- Display colors: 16.7 M (8-bit)
- Colour gamut (typical): NTSC 89%, sRGB 101%
- Features: Built-in 5.0 megapixel webcam with microphone and LED indicator (for Windows Hello), Noise cancellation, PIP/PBP mode, KVM, Flicker-free, SmartImage, sRGB, LowBlue Mode, EasyRead, Kensington lock
- Ports: HDMI 1.4 x 1, DisplayPort 1.4 x 1, USB-C x 1 (upstream, DP Alt mode, Data, PD up to 100 W), HDCP 1.4 (HDMI/DisplayPort/USB-C), HDCP 2.2 (HDMI/DisplayPort/USB-C), HBR 3 (DisplayPort/USB-C), DisplayPort out x 1, USB Hub: USB 3.2, Gen 2/10 Gbps, USB-C upstream x 1 (Data), USB-A downstream x 4 (with 1 for fast charge B.C 1.2), USB-C downstream x 1 (Data, PD 15 W), Audio out/Microphone-in combo jack, RJ45
- Audio: 5 W x 2 speakers
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: Height adj. (150 mm), Pivot (-/+90), Swivel (-/+ 180), Tilt (-5/30)
- Dimensions: 613 x 537 x 225 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 7.30 kg (with stand)
Philips recently announced a new curved gaming monitor under its new Evnia brand. The most feature-rich ultra wide curved monitor is called the Philips Evnia 34M2C7600MV. The 34-inch Mini LED monitor has a VA panel with UWQHD resolution (3440 x 1440 pixels, 21:9), a maximum refresh rate of 165 Hz, 1500 R curvature, and DisplayHDR 1400 certification. The 1152 mini-LED zones of the backlight make a significant contribution to the latter. The new Evnia 34M2C7600MV curved gaming monitor costs £2,327.42 on the Amazon.co.uk website.