Four and a half years after the 6D, Canon offers EOS 6D Mark II of its affordable full-size SLR. A welcome evolution and long time awaited by the fan of the Canon EOS series. Among the main innovations, the Canon EOS 6D Mark II now comes with the fully articulating touchscreen LCD display, a more ambitious Dual Pixel AF system and all-new 26.2MP full-frame sensor. It is very close to the 80D, with the notable difference that the 6D Mark II embeds a full-frame (35.9 x 24 mm) CMOS sensor.
The 6D Mark II makes numerous advancements over its predecessor to improve upon every aspect of image capture and creation. As we mentioned new 26.2MP CMOS sensor and the use of the DIGIC 7 Image Processor. It also offers an improved sensitivity range of ISO 100-40000, which can then be expanded to ISO 50-102400, as well as fast shooting rates of up to 6.5fps.
The 6D Mark II incorporates an all-cross type AF system, which offers 45 phase-detect points, for advanced tracking and focusing while using the optical finder for stills. Along with a revamped AF system, the sensor features Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology to provide a boost to focusing in live view and video shooting, which itself has been bumped up to Full HD at 60p.
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Price and Availability
The EOS 6D Mark II price is $1,999.00 for body only, $3,099.00 with the Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM II lens and $2,599.00 with the Canon EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 STM lens. It can be pre-order via BHPhoto store and will be released in late July 2017.
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications
- Sensor: CMOS (35.9 x 24) 26.2 Mpxl, with low-pass filter
- Maximum resolution: 6240 x 4160 pixels
- Mounts: Canon EF / 1x
- ISO: 100-40,000 ISO (L:50, H1:51,200 ISO, H2: 102, 400 ISO)
- Video: 1080p, 50fps
- File formats: Jpeg, Raw (M-RAW and S-RAW), MP4, MOV
- Protection: Yes, against dust and moisture
- Processor: DIGIC 7
- Viewfinder: Viewfinder 98%, magnification 0.71x,
- Screen: Touch-screen LCD 7.7 cm (3 inches)
- Built-in flash: No
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Autofocus: 45 points with phase detection, Dual Pixel AF in LiveView
- Shutter Speed: 1/4000s – 30s
- Continuous drive: 6.5fps
- Storage: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I)
- Interfaces: 3.5 mm mini jack, USB 2.0, HDMI Mini
- Battery: LP-E6N; Up to 1200 shots
- Dimensions: 144 x 110.5 x 74.8 mm
- Weight: 765g