It’s a surprise news for Sony Xperia XZ Premium owners that today the company has started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update for the device. The latest version of Google’s operating system, released a few weeks ago, and the update news was confirmed by Sony himself via a press release.
Sony has managed to beat all of the time, the update weighs about 1.3 GB and, in addition to introducing all of Oreo’s features, it also adds many features inherited from Xperia XZ1, listed below.
- 3D Creator – Lets you scan your face, head, food or any object, rendering it as a 3D avatar or free-form image in less than 60 seconds, and makes it easy to share on social media with friends or 3D print
- Predictive Capture (smile) – Never miss an unexpected again, as Predictive Capture automatically starts buffering images when it detects a smile (even before you press the shutter button), allowing you to pick the best from a selection of up to four shots
- Autofocus burst – Recognises, tracks and captures sequences of moving objects in sharp focus for blur-free action shots
- Improved sound quality – Tuning improvements to the front-facing stereo speakers, and Qualcomm® aptX HD audio support for high-quality sounds when using wireless headphones
- App Shortcuts – Re-imagined app shortcuts, which allow easy access to actions menus by long pressing the app icon.
The upgrade also brings improvements to the audio quality of the front speakers, thanks to Qualcomm aptX HD technology, and a new icon graphic design that allows easy access to the app menu by simply clicking the same icon.
The update has already rolled out so it will always be done gradually until completion. The Sony Xperia XZ Premium unlocked variant is available for $584.99 from Amazon.com.