A new version of the RME Babyface Pro FS with a new clock and other changes has been announced at NAMM 2020. It looks like the same as the previous Babyface Pro USB Audio Interface.
The RME Babyface Pro FS 24-Channel Audio Interfaces does not show off its innovations and changes. From the outside, it is almost identical.
- New clock: Full SteadyClock FS circuit for ultralow jitter and high jitter immunity, which is also used in the RME ADI-2 Pro
- Latency improved by six samples on the AD side by new ADC (5 samples AD, 7 samples DA)
- Mic inputs SNR improved from 112.2 to 113.7 dB
- TRS line inputs SNR improved from 114 to 116 dB RMS (120 dBA)
- THD line inputs improved by 8 dB
- Switchable output level reduction on the underside, e.g. for sensitive active monitors
- K-slot for theft protection
RME audio has implemented a +19/+4 dBu switch on the bottom to reduce the output level, allowing you to optimize the signal-to-noise ratio of the preamps on a case by case basis. The 3.5mm headphone output power has risen from 70 to 90mW, and both headphone outputs sport improved THD up to 10 dB.
The USB interface ships with the company’s TotalMix FX, a software mixer available for Windows, Mac OS X, and iOS. When using the device with an iPad, an external power adapter must be used, as the iPad alone is unable to power the interface. The unit’s FPGA-based DSP mixer adds a flexible 3-band parametric equalizer on all inputs and outputs. Achieving sample rates and resolutions of up to 192 kHz / 24-bit, the interface offers a professional recording solution in a compact form factor.
Price and Availability
RME Babyface Pro FS USB Audio Interface is already available to buy on the Bhphotovideo.com store for $899.