As expected, Microsoft has held a special event in Shanghai, where they were introduced a new Surface Pro 2-in-1 tablet. The manufacturer decided to abandon the model number, so the product is simply called New Surface Pro. Externally, the Surface Pro does not differ from its predecessor.
The main changes in the new Surface Pro is now powered by Intel’s seventh-generation Kaby Lake processor with a fanless design and is able to work up to 13.5 hours on a single charge. In addition, the low-end models with Intel Core M3 and Intel Core i5 processors. The device will also support Surface Dial, much like the Surface Studio.
Microsoft has also improved the built-in stand in the new Surface Pro, so the tablet can be rotated in an even greater angle. With up to 165-degree hinge, the Surface Pro can be used in a nearly flat layout. Microsoft also introduced the next-generation Surface Pen features 4096 levels of pressure and supports tilt sensitivity as well as 21 milliseconds latency. The company will be selling the Surface Pro Type Cover with Alcantara fabric as well.
New Microsoft 2-in-1 tablet will come with optional 4G LTE connectivity support and support Micro-SIM or eSIM cards. New Surface Pro price in USA is set to $799 for base model the Surface Pro Type Cover with Alcantara fabric separately at $159 while the regular black Type Covers have been priced at $129 and next-generation Surface Pen will be sold separately at $99. It can be pre-ordered via Amazon and it will be released on June 15, 2017.
New Surface Pro Specifications
- Display: 12.3-inch PixelSense display, 2736 x 1824 pixels
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro
- CPU: Intel Core M3 7Y30 / Intel Core i5-7300U / Intel Core i7-7660U
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 615 (M3) / Intel HD Graphics 620 (i5) / Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 (i7)
- RAM: 4GB / 8GB / 16GB DRR3L 1866MHz
- Storage: up to 1TB SSD, microSDXC
- Webcam: 5MP webcam with Windows Hello
- Connectivity: LTE (optional), Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1
- Battery: Up to 13.5 hours
- Weight: 770 grams