A new 28 inch best monitors for work comes from Lenovo, which is intended for business and office purposes in terms of features. The Lenovo L28u-35 28 inch monitor has an IPS panel with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels) at a maximum refresh rate of 60 Hz and can handle HDR10.
However, the typical brightness of 300 cd/m² shouldn’t exactly ensure HDR displays miracles, so the support can be described as a little useful gimmick. Other features of the 28 inch 4K monitor are a 1000:1 contrast, 10-bit color depth (there is no such thing as FRC ), 99 percent sRGB, 90 percent DCI-P3, 4 ms response time (grey to gray), and typical power consumption of 30 watts.
FreeSync (without LFC) is available for games without tearing. Lenovo also thought of two integrated 2-watt speakers. On the connection side, there are two HDMI 2.0 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4 and a headphone output, but no USB ports.
On the ergonomic side, hardly any wishes remain unfulfilled with rotation, inclination, height adjustment, pivot, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), and hardware blue light filtering. The L28u-35 Lenovo monitor weighs 4.6 kg without the stand and comes with a three-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Price and availability
Lenovo L28u-35 28 inch 4K monitor is available now and can be pre-ordered from Bhphotovideo.com for $349.99.
Updated on October 5, 2022: Lenovo L28u-35 28 inch 4K monitor is now also listed on the Amazon.co.uk store at £255.03.
Lenovo L28u-35 specifications
- Display: 28-inch Anti-Glare IPS panel
- Active Area: 620.9 mm x 341.3 mm
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Pixel Pitch:0.160 mm x 0.160 mm
- Dot/Pixel Per Inch (DPI/PPI): 157
- Viewing Angle (H x V @ CR 10:1): 178° / 178°
- Response Time: 4ms (Extreme Mode), 6ms (Normal Mode), 14ms (Off Mode)
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
- Brightness (Typical): 300 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio (Typical): 1000:1
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio (Typical): 3M:1
- Color Gamut (Coverage Ratio): 99% sRGB, 90% DCI-P3
- Color Support (Typical): 1.07 Billion
- Color Depth: 10-bit
- Features: HDR10, AMD FreeSync, Natural Low Blue Light, ThinkCentre M Series Tiny, ThinkCentre M Series Nano, Kensington Lock Slot
- Connectivity: 2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x DP 1.4, 1 x Audio Out (3.5 mm)
- Audio: 2 x 2W Speakers
- Stand: Tilt (-5° / 22°), Swivel (+360° / -360°), Height (150 mm), Pivot (-90° / 90°)
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 170.0 x 489.0 x 744.0 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 6.6 kg / 14.5 lbs (with stand)
Last year, Lenovo also made available the ThinkVision P27u-20 4K UHD Thunderbolt 4 monitor (approx. $769/£844.99 on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk) for graphic designers, video editors, and other creative professionals. The Lenovo Thinkvision monitor is VESA Display HDR 400 certified, covers the Adobe RGB color space to 99.5 percent.