This is a New Leica Camera in S series, upgrade from the Leica S Typ 006 was launched 3 years ago with a CCD sensor. The Leica S Medium Format DSLR camera is also capable of recording 4K as well as Full-HD videos, this will be the first choice for discerning photographers who want high-quality images but do not want to invest too much money.
The Leica S Typ 007 has a magnesium alloy body with dust and weather proof technology. It bears an anti-slip rubberized cover with a distinctive red color Leica logo at right corner. The back of the camera comes with an LCD screen size of 3.0-inches, a resolution of 921.6k dot. There is also pentaprism viewfinder features a 0.87x magnification and allow photographers to align the subject with absolute precision, without any need for external aids. A top left corner of the camera with the LCD monitor has a new display technology in the market that Leica called Trans-reflective display.
On the left side of the Leica 007, we have a variety of ports such as HDMI type C, LEMO flash sync, Audio-Adapter and LEMO USB 3.0 port to transfer content to a computer at fast rates. In terms of strong picture quality, Leica S type 007 is greatly upgraded from 006 Leica S Camera. The first is keeping same 37.5MP 30x45mm image sensor size, but Leica has decided to use a CMOS sensor instead for CCD as its predecessor. A very thanks to use CMOS, ISO range of the camera is expandable up to ISO 200 to 6400 and the Dynamic Range extended up to 13 stops. The continuous shooting speed of the camera improved level up to 3.5fps and this is the world’s fastest shutter speed of a Medium Format camera. To get such a fast shutter speed Leica has equipped a Maestro II image processor in S7, replacing the Maestro I on S6.
Regarding for video recording capabilities, the camera can record Full HD and 4K videos in full 35mm sensor and support 8-bit 4:2:2 output via HDMI. At Photokina last year, Leica announced the retail price of this camera is $25,400, but Leica has decided to reduce the price up to $8,000, new price $16.900, check it out below:
Leica S Typ 007 Specifications:
- Dimensions of 160 x 80 x 120 mm
- Weight of 1.2kg – body only
- TFT-LCD Display of 3 inches with 921,600 pixels (Corning Gorilla Glass)
- 37.5 megapixels Leica CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 7500×5000 pixels
- Maestro II image processor
- Leica S bayonet
- Auto ISO 100 to 6400
- 4K Video recording 4096 x 2160 @ 24fps, Full HD recording 1920×1080 pixels @ 24, 25, 30fps.
- Autofocus 13 points
- Pentaprism Viewfinder coverage of 98%
- Shutter speed – Min. 125 sec. Max. 1/4000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 3.5fps
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi, GPS, LEMO USB 3.0, Microphone port, mini HDMI type C, audio adapter, SDXC, SDHC and CF card
- Li-on a 2850 mAh Battery