Introducing the BenQ SW272Q, a companion model to the recently unveiled BenQ PhotoVue SW272U. While its sibling boasts a 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, this 27-inch beauty takes a slightly different route with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels (WQHD) operating at a smooth 60 Hz. Donning the crown of the best HDR monitor 1440p, it flaunts a contrast ratio of 1000:1, a 10-bit color depth, and an impressive 5 ms response time (grey to gray). Although it offers a brightness level of 300 nits, it falls just shy of the typical 400 cd/m² brightness.
Much like its 4K counterpart, the SW272Q promises 100 percent sRGB coverage and 99 percent Adobe RGB, ensuring vibrant and accurate colors. Furthermore, it boasts a delta E value of less than 1.5, although it provides 98 percent Display P3 instead of the previous 99 percent. Fear not, as it still possesses the esteemed Calman verification, Pantone validation, and a 16-bit 3D LUT. For those seeking precision, the optional software, Palette Master Ultimate, can aid in hardware calibration, although a colorimeter is required.
In terms of connectivity, the SW272Q offers a variety of interfaces. This includes two HDMI 2.0 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4, a headphone output, a USB 3.1 hub, and a USB-C port with DisplayPort alternate mode and a robust 90-watt PD capability. To cater to your storage needs, a microSD card reader is conveniently included. Whether you prefer to rotate, tilt, adjust its height, pivot, or mount it on a wall or swivel arm using a VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), this premium 1440p HDR monitor is ready to accommodate.
Equipped with HDR10 capabilities, the BenQ PhotoVue SW272Q also comes with an anti-glare hood and the Hotkey Puck G3 for added convenience. TÜV Rheinland has bestowed upon it the honor of being very low in reflection, allowing you to immerse yourself in the visuals without any unwanted distractions. Furthermore, with a typical power consumption of 25 watts, it proves to be an energy-efficient choice.
Price and availability
BenQ PhotoVue SW272Q 2K HDR monitor is currently listed on the Bhphotovideo.com online store at $799.99, inviting enthusiasts and professionals alike to elevate their visual experience.
BenQ SW272Q specifications
- Display: 27-inch IPS panel, Anti-Reflection
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (QHD)
- Brightness (typ.): 300 nits
- Native Contrast: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (L/R) (CR>=10): 178°/178°
- Response Time: 5 ms (GtG)
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Color Gamut: 100% sRGB, 98% P3, 99% Adobe RGB
- Color Mode: Adobe RGB, B+W, Calibration 1, Calibration 2, Calibration 3, Custom, DCI-P3, DICOM, Display P3, HDR, M-Book, Paper Color Sync, Rec.709, sRGB
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Display Colors: 1.07 billion colors
- Pixel Per Density: 109 PPI
- Color Temperature: 5000K, 6500K, 9300K, User-K, User-RGB
- Gamma: 1.6 – 2.6, sRGB
- Features: HDR10, HLG, HDCP 2.2, AMA, TUV Certificate, Anti-Reflection, Calman verified, Pantone Validated, Pantone SkinTone Validated, Video Format Support, Factory Calibration Report, 3D-LUT 16bits, Delta E(avg) ≤1.5, Gamut Duo, Black & White mode, Black Level, Hardware Calibration, Uniformity Technology, Hotkey Puck G3, Palette Master Ultimate, Paper Color Sync, LightSpace Ready, Calman ready
- Stand: Tilt (-5˚ – 20˚), Swivel (30˚/30˚), Pivot (90˚), Height Adj. (140mm)
- VESA Mount: 100×100 mm
- Ports: Card Reader (SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC), HDMI (v2.0) 2x, DisplayPort (v1.4) 1x, USB C (PowerDelivery 90W, DisplayPort Alt Mode, Data) 1x, USB Type B ( Upstream ) 1x, USB 3.1 (Downstream) 2x,
- Headphone Jack
- Dimensions: 451.8-591.8 x 613.9 x 274 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 8.3 kg / 18.3 lbs (with stand)