A new 32 inch 4K monitor called Optix G321CUV comes from the Taiwanese company MSI, which is advertised as the best 4K curved monitor for gaming for budget users despite its hardly gaming-suitable key data.
The 4K curved gaming monitor has a built-in VA panel that offers a 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels) at 60 Hz, a 1500 R curvature, and HDR support. The response time is 4 ms (grey to gray), the color depth is 10 bits, the brightness is 300 cd/m², and the contrast ratio is 2500:1.
The specs also mention 103 percent sRGB, 78 percent DCI-P3, and 53 watts of power consumption. Adaptive Sync is at the start as an anti-tearing measure – whether with or without LFC (“Low Framerate Compensation”) is still open. The range of interfaces includes two HDMI 2.0 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.2, a USB 2.0 hub, a headphone output, and USB-C 3.1 with a DisplayPort alternate mode and power supply.
In terms of ergonomics, we have to be satisfied with the inclination, height adjustment, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and reduced flickering backlight. Thanks to Mystic Light, dynamic RGB lighting effects should be possible.
Price and availability
The MSI Optix G321CUV 32 inch 4K curved monitor has been priced at $349.99 and is listed on the Amazon.com store without any release date.
Updated on November 7, 2022: MSI Optix G321CUV 4K curved monitor is now also listed on the Amazon.co.uk store at £379.80.
MSI Optix G321CUV specifications
- Display: 31.5-inch VA panel, Anti-glare
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)
- Refresh rate: 60Hz
- Response time: 4ms (GTG)
- Brightness: 250 nits
- Viewing angle: 178° (H) / 178° (V)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Curvature: 1500R
- Contrast ratio: 3000:1
- Active display area: 697.306(H)x392.234(V)
- Pixel pitch: 0.18159(H) x 0.18159(V)
- Display colors: 1.07B
- Adobe RGB / DCI-P3 / sRGB: 80% / 77% / 93%
- DCR: 100000000:1
- Features: HDR Ready, Night Vision, Anti-Flicker, Less Blue Light, Wide Color Gamut, Adaptive-Sync, Kensington lock, Frameless design, 5-way OSD navigation joystick
- Ports: 1x DP (1.2a), 2x HDMI (2.0b), 1x Earphone out
- VESA mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: Tilt (-5° ~ 20°)
- Dimensions: 710.5 x 249.2 x 528.2 mm
- Weight: 5.9kg / 8.68kg
Along with this 32-inch 4K curved monitor, MSI also introduced the Optix G27C5 E2 170Hz gaming monitor with a curved 27-inch VA panel with decent color reproduction for a reasonable price of $219.99.