Asus has launched the latest edition of its ultrabook, the Zenbook S 13 OLED 2023, which is now the thinnest 13-inch laptop in the world. Compared to its predecessor, the new model is just one centimeter thin when folded and weighs only one kilogram. Despite the size reduction, Asus promises better performance and a longer battery life of 13 hours.
The Zenbook S 13 OLED 2023 is equipped with a 13th-generation Intel Core i7-1355U processor, which replaces the AMD Ryzen 7 6800U. Although users will have to do without the Radeon 680M iGPU, the Intel chip promises 20% better performance without compromising battery life.
The ultrabook is available with up to 32 GB of LPDDR5-5200 RAM and a maximum of 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD. Despite the thin case, Asus has managed to install an HDMI port, a USB-A port, two Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) ports, and a 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The highlight of the Zenbook S 13 OLED 2023 is the 13.3-inch display in 16:10 format with an OLED panel that boasts a resolution of 2,880 x 1,800 pixels and a peak brightness of 550 nits. It also supports the DCI-P3 full-color space, making it perfect for graphic designers and photographers. The Harman Kardon loudspeakers have been improved with a new amplifier that should produce a much higher volume.
Price and availability
The Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED 2023 (UX5304) can now be pre-ordered on Bhphotovideo.com and Newegg.com for $1,399.99.
Zenbook S 13 OLED 2023 specifications
- Operating System: Windows 11 Pro (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-1355U (13th Gen), 1.7 to 5 GHz Dual-Core, 1.2 to 3.7 GHz Efficiency 8-Core, 12 MB L3 Cache
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe (Integrated)
- Memory: 32GB LPDDR5 (Onboard)
- Storage: 1 x M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD (In Use)
- Display: 13.3-inch OLED panel, 2.8K Non-touch Screen
- Aspect Ratio: 16:10
- Resolution: 2880 x 1800
- Brightness: 550 nits/cd/m2 (Peak)
- Color Gamut: 100% DCI-P3
- Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
- Contrast Ratio: 1,000,000:1
- Response Time: 0.2 ms
- Ports: 1 x USB-A 3.1/3.2 Gen 2, 2 x Thunderbolt 4 (Supports DisplayPort and Power Delivery), 1 x HDMI 2.1, 1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Input/Output
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax); Tri-Band (2.4, 5, & 6 GHz) 2 x 2 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2
- Webcam: 1080p User-Facing Camera with built-in Microphones & Speakers
- Battery: 63 Wh 4-Cell Lithium-Ion with up to 13 Hours estimated battery life, 65 W with USB-C power adapter
- Keyboard/TouchPad: Chiclet Notebook Keyboard with Backlight, Number Pad, Pointing Device TouchPad
- Security: Dedicated Hardware TPM Security Chip, Facial Recognition
- Dimensions: 11.66 x 8.52 x 0.46″ / 29.62 x 21.63 x 1.18 cm
- Weight: 2.2 lb / 1 kg
Asus has also launched the Vivobook Pro 16 OLED 2023 HDR laptop, which is ideal for professionals who require a powerful and reliable machine to accomplish their work. Equipped with an Intel Core i9-13900H and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 GPU, the laptop offers a combination of cutting-edge features and robust performance. Priced at $1,500, it features a 3.2K OLED display that delivers stunning visuals.