The YONGNUO has announced its new autofocus lens for Olympus/Panasonic Standard 4/3, and Olympus/Panasonic Micro Four Thirds system – the Yongnuo YN42.5mm F1.7M II prime lens.
This is the second version of the existing YN42.5mm F1.7 model. The design of the new version of the lens has changed minimally. The optical structure includes 8 sets of 9 pieces, and the multi-layer coating process improves the light transmittance while suppressing the backlight ghost image and glare.
The YN42.5mm F1.7M II lens with full-time manual focus, AF/MF quick switch, for a more free focus experience, even in AF, you can focus manually. The shortest focusing distance of YN42.5mm is only about 0.30m, and the maximum magnification is 0.15 times. Captures the shape, texture, and texture of the subject at close range, in high definition.
The prime lens features an F1.7 large aperture (Macro 4/3 system lens mount), blur background, highlight the main body. It has two ED ultra-low dispersion for vivid color and true color. The lens is compatible with Panasonic G100, GH5, G9, G95, G85, GX9, GX85, GF-10, GF-9, GF-8; and Olympus E-M5 Mark II, E-M10 mark III, E-M10 IV, E-PL9, E-PL10, and PEN-F cameras.
Price and availability
Yongnuo YN42.5mm F1.7M II Specifications
- Mount: Macro 4/3 system interface
- Drive System: Stepping motor
- Lens Focal Length: 42.5mm (35mm equivalent focal length: 85mm)
- Nearest Focusing Distance: 0.30m
- Lens Structure: 8 groups of 9 pieces
- Maximum Magnification: 0.15 times
- Number of Aperture Blades: 7 pieces
- Aperture Value: F1.7~F22
- Filter Diameter: 52mm
- Range of View: Diagonal – 29°; Vertical – 18°; Level – 24°
- Maximum Diameter and Length: 61.6 x 55.4mm
- Weight: 146g (without front and rear lens caps)
Recently, Samyang has also made available the MF 14mm T3.1 VDSLR MK2 wide angle video lens with improved weather protection and 9 aperture blades, priced at $527, and compatible with 7 mounts for Canon EF, Canon RF, Canon EF-M, Sony E, Nikon F, Fujifilm X, and MFT.