Yamaha instruments is expanding its portfolio of inexpensive entry-level 61 Key keyboard instruments with the EZ-300 portable keyboard model, which aims to introduce players to making music with Lighted Keys.
The portable piano keyboard instrument, equipped with a touch-sensitive 61 key keyboard (5 octaves), already has 202 songs onboard, ranging from well-known children’s songs to pop and classical pieces, giving the player enough pieces to play with, or listens to.
According to Yamaha, additional tracks can be added by connecting to the computer. The Lighted Keys function allows beginners to practice playing with the left or right hand separately on the EZ-300 electric keyboard and to divide the songs into individual sequences in order to slowly approach the musical end result. 205 styles for your own accompaniment and other helpful functions complete the equipment.
In terms of sound, the small, silver-white Yamaha EZ-300 offers a total of 622 instrument sounds, including grand piano, string, and bass sounds, which offer beginners a large selection of sounds to choose from.
Yamaha EZ-300 Features
- 61 lighted keys with touch sensitivity allow for dynamic playing, and the keys light up to show the correct notes—making it easy to learn how to play
- Onboard stereo speakers and headphone jack
- Packed with 622 instrument sounds including strings, guitars, bass, drums, piano, and more
- Super Articulation: Lite Voices reproduce the natural expressive nuances of non-keyboard instruments, allowing keyboard players to achieve realistic expression
- Touch Tutor lesson mode tracks the velocity or strength the keys are played at in order to teach dynamics
- Keys to Success lesson mode helps you to learn songs one step at a time at your own pace
- Includes the popular Yamaha Education Suite interactive music learning system and chord dictionary
- Smart Chord lets you play great-sounding chords from simple Pop triads to complex jazz 7th chords with one or just a few fingers
- Accompaniment Styles add a backing band to your performances, while you remain in complete control of chord changes and arrangements
- Delivers 205 preset styles and 202 songs from various musical genres
- USB port lets you connect to your computer, Apple iPad, or mobile device
- Powered by six AA batteries for up to 5 hours
- Optional PA-130 power adapter available separately
Price and availability
Yamaha EZ-300 61 Key Keyboard has been priced at $249.99 and is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com website.
Back in September this year, Yamaha has also introduced the PSR-EW310 Portable Keyboard, expanding its PSR-EW series with the successor model of the PSR-EW300, which aims to make it easy for beginners and ambitious hobby musicians to enter the world of electric keyboards, pricing starts from $199.99.