With the IFP9850-4, ViewSonic introduced its fourth generation of ViewBoard with a 98-inch 4K interactive display aimed at educational institutions or companies. The 4K display comes with integrated myViewBoard digital whiteboarding software for a smooth writing experience supported by Ultra Fine Touch technology and dual fine-tipped pens for digital accuracy.
The Viewsonic ViewBoard IFP9850-4 with DLED backlight relies on 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 points), 60 Hz refresh rate, 20-point touch technology, and 10-bit color depth. The typical brightness is 350 cd/m², the contrast ratio is 3000:1, the response time is 8 ms (grey to gray), and the power consumption is 192.5 watts.
The scope of delivery also includes two internal 16-watt speakers, two touch styluses, and remote control. You can write or draw on the display using both touch pens at the same time. The interface range of the new product includes HDMI 2.0 (three inputs, one output), RJ-45, RS232, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB-C, and VGA. Both OPS computing modules and WLAN 802.11ax can be retrofitted via special slots.
Using the “ViewBoard Cast” software, it is possible to display content from up to four external sources on the screen at the same time. However, external PCs, notebooks, tablets, or smartphones are not necessary for operation, since the model has a quad-core SoC with Cortex-A73, 4 GB of working memory, 32 GB of storage, and the Android 9 operating system.
The ViewSonic IFP9850-4, which weighs 103.6 kg, can be wall-mounted using a VESA mount (800 x 600 mm). Remote maintenance options via network or Internet are considered, which are implemented via the web-based myViewBoard Manager.
Price and availability
ViewSonic IFP9850-4 4K interactive display is now listed on the Amazon.co.uk website for £16,391.
ViewSonic IFP9850-4 specifications
- Display: 98-inch TFT LCD Module with DLED Backlight
- Display Area (mm): 2171.85(H) x 1232.35(V) (97.52”diagonal)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 3840×2160 (4K UHD)
- Colors: 1.07B colors (10bit)
- Brightness: 350 nits (typ)
- Contrast Ratio: 3000:1 (DCR)
- Response Time: 8ms (Typ)
- Viewing Angles: H = 178, V = 178
- Backlight Life: 30,000 Hours (Min)
- Surface Treatment: Anti-glare
- Processor: ARM Cortex A73x4
- RAM: 4GB DDR4
- Storage: 32GB
- Touch: Ultra fine touch technology, 20 points touch, 10 points writing
- Features: SmartPort USB, Simple LAN sharing between IFP and slot-in device, Light Sensor
- Ports: HDMI 2.0 x3, RGB / VGA x 1, Audio jack x 1, RS232 x 1, OPS X1 PC Slot, WiFi Slot x 1, HDMI out 2.0 x1, SPDIF x1, RJ45 x2, Type A: USB2.0 x 1USB3.0 x 4, Type B: x2, for touch, Type C: x1
- Audio: 16W x2
- OS: Android 9
- Bundle Software: myViewBoard for android and windows, Viewboard Cast
- VESA Mount: 800 x 600 mm
- Dimensions: 2245 x 1323 x 91 mm
- Weight: 228.4lb / 103.6kg
iiyama recently listed new digital touchscreen Android monitor models for retail or meeting rooms with the T62AS series. The touch display models come in 42.5 (ProLite T4362AS), 54.6 (ProLite T5562AS), and 64.5 inches (ProLite T6562AS), have a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels (4K) at a maximum of 60 Hz and offer 20-point touch functionality.