South Korean electronics giant LG has released a new 144 Hz gaming monitor with the UltraGear 24GN60R. The LG 24 inch UltraGear gaming monitor has an IPS panel with Full HD resolution (1920×1080 pixels), achieves a maximum refresh rate of 144 Hz, and supports HDR10.
However, you shouldn’t expect miracles from the latter because of the typical brightness of just 300 cd/m² and the missing dimming zones. Other key data of the LG UltraGear 24GN60R include a 1000:1 contrast ratio, a 1 ms gray change, 8-bit color depth, and 99 percent sRGB. FreeSync Premium is responsible for tearing-free gaming fun.
Alternatively, a mode against the blurring of moving images has been used. An FPS display, a crosshair overlay, and a black stabilizer have also been thought of.
There are significant savings on the interface side, since only DisplayPort, HDMI, and a headphone jack are available. The ergonomic features appear similarly spartan with tilt, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-reduced backlighting.
On the other hand, it is gratifying: Thanks to the auto-input switch, when there are several connected devices, the respective signal input is always switched automatically, so manual switching via OSD is no longer necessary.
The factory color-calibrated LG UltraGear 24GN60R has a typical power consumption of 18 watts (SDR) or 24 watts (HDR).
Price and availability
LG UltraGear 24GN60R 144 Hz gaming monitor is already available from Bestbuy.com online shop at $139.99.
LG 24GN60R specifications
- Display: 23.8-inch IPS panel, Anti-Glare
- Color Gamut (Type): sRGB 99% (CIE1931)
- Color Depth (Number of Colors): 16.7M
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2745 x 0.2745 mm
- Response Time: 1ms (GTG)
- Refresh Rate: 144Hz
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (FHD)
- Brightness: 300cd (typ) / 240cd (Min)
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (Typ.) / 700:1 (Min.)
- Viewing Angle: 178º (R/L), 178º (U/D)
- Features: AMD FreeSync Premium, Black Stabilizer, Dynamic Action Sync, Crosshair, Flicker Safe, Smart Energy Saving, Reader Mode, Color Calibrated, On Screen Control (OSC), HDR10, HDR Effect, Auto Input Switch, FPS Counter, FreeSync (Low Frame Compensation), Motion Blur Reduction Technology, User Define Key
- Ports: 1 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x headphone output
- Stand: Tilt
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 21.3″ x 16.1″ x 7.1″ (with stand)
- Weight: 8.6 lbs (with stand)
LG recently introduced the new LG 32UQ750 32 inch 4K monitor. LG widescreen monitor has an IPS panel with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels), a maximum refresh rate of 144 Hz, HDR10 support, and is priced at $699.