After the introduction of the ThinkStation P360 and ThinkStation P360 Tiny, the latest tower PC workstation ThinkStation P360 Ultra from Lenovo has been announced. The desktop tower combines a particularly compact housing with powerful performance – the at least 1.8 kilogram light, an 8.7-centimeter thin tower computer can be equipped with a 12th generation Intel Core i9, up to 128 GB RAM, and up to 9 TB attend storage.
The Lenovo ThinkStation P360 Ultra desktop tower has an almost tiny housing with a volume of 4 liters and dimensions of 22.3 x 20.2 x 8.7 centimeters and weighs at least 1.8 kilograms. Despite this tiny housing, the Lenovo workstation is said to be 50 percent more powerful than its predecessor, because Lenovo uses the 12th generation Intel Core i9 with 16 cores and a TDP of 125 watts – this should be the Core i9-12900K.
In addition, an Nvidia RTX A5000 is used in the top model – the graphics chip, which is intended for notebooks, technically almost corresponds to the GeForce RTX 3080 laptop GPU, with 16 GB GDDR6 graphics memory and 6,144 CUDA processing units, the GPU should also offer sufficient reserves for complex workflows. The manufacturer assures that both Intel and Nvidia have worked together to be able to cool these components in the compact case.
Lenovo uses a double-sided mainboard with fans on both sides. Two M.2 slots and a slot for a 2.5-inch SSD make it possible to install a total of 9 TB of storage in the Lenovo tower PC, while Lenovo supports up to 128 GB of LPDDR5-4000 RAM with four SO-DIMMs. Depending on the configuration, the power supply offers an output of up to 300 watts with an efficiency of 89 percent. The tower computer packs three USB-C ports, two of which support Thunderbolt 4. There are also four USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 2.5 Gbit/s Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and three DisplayPorts.
Price and availability
The Lenovo ThinkStation P360 Ultra is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com online shop with prices starting at $1,625.95.
Lenovo ThinkStation P360 Ultra specifications
- Processor: 12th Gen Intel Core i5-12600 with vPro (P-Core Max 4.80 GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 18 MB Cache) / 12th Gen Intel Core i7-12700 with vPro (E-Core Max 3.60 GHz, P-Core Max 4.80 GHz with Turbo Boost, 12 Cores, 20 Threads, 25 MB Cache) / 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900 with vPro (E-Core Max 3.80 GHz, P-Core Max 5.00 GHz with Turbo Boost, 16 Cores, 24 Threads, 30 MB Cache)
- Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
- Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 770 / NVIDIA RTX A5000 mobile (16GB VRAM), NVIDIA RTX A2000 (12GB VRAM), NVIDIA T1000 (8GB VRAM), NVIDIA T400 (4GB VRAM)
- Memory: Up to 64 GB DDR5 4000MHz
- Storage: Up to 1 TB PCIe SSD Gen 4 Performance
- RAID: M.2 = 0/1
- Security: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0, Smart USB Protection, Self-healing BIOS, Kensington Security Slot
- Audio: Realtek
- Connectivity: Optional M.2 module: Intel WiFi 6E AX211 2x2AX (6GHz) & Bluetooth 5.2 vPro
- Ports: Front – USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 2 x USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 / Thunderbolt 4, Headphone / mic combo; Rear – 4 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 2, 3 x DisplayPorts, 2.5Gb ethernet, 1Gb ethernet
- Dimensions: 202 x 86 x 223 mm
- Weight: starting at 1.8kg / 3.96 lbs