Toshiba Electronics has announced the release of the Canvio Gaming line of Portable External Hard Drive. The Toshiba external hard drive line includes 1 TB, 2 TB, and 4 TB models. According to the manufacturer, they are “specially adapted for games.”
Toshiba Canvio Gaming is compatible with PlayStation and Xbox game consoles, as well as PCs running Windows and macOS. Using external drives, users can transfer data between different platforms. Plus, gamers can pick up where they left off when porting to the next generation console. The external harddrive’s connection uses the USB 3.2 Gen 1 interface, which provides high-speed data transfer.
The 1TB and 2TB portable harddrives are 80 x 111 x 13.5mm, while the 4TB portable drive is slightly thicker at 19.5mm. For decoration in all cases, Black is chosen. The external hardrive weighs no more than 210 g.
The 4TB portable external hard drive model can hold up to 100 titles so you don’t have to pick and choose go ahead and expand your game library. This Toshiba external hard drive features a firmware-customized “Always-On” mode that is ready to respond to your next gameplay so you can spend more time winning.
Price and availability
Toshiba Canvio Gaming HDD pricing starts from $50.99 for 1TB, $74.98 for 2TB, and 4TB model cost $97.99. All drives can be purchased via the Amazon.com website.
Toshiba Canvio Gaming Specifications
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 1 (USB 2.0 compatible)
- Max. transfer rate: ~ 5.0 Gbit/s
- File system: exFAT
- Power: USB bus power (max. 900mA)
- System requirements: Formatted exFAT for Playstation/Xbox (Please check compatibility list) / Windows 10 , 8.1 / macOS v10.15, macOS v10.14, macOS v10.13 / One free port of USB Type-A
- Warranty: 2 years
- Dimensions: 1 TB, 2 TB – 80 x 111 x 13.5 / 4 TB – 80 x 111 x 19.5
- Weight: 1 TB, 2 TB – 149g / 4 TB – 210g