Techart has announced its new TZG-01 adapter, the first-ever autofocus adapter for Contax G-mount optics and Nikon Z camera. Nikon mirrorless owners can now purchase the legendary lenses developed for the Contax G1 and G2 rangefinders in the mid-90s.
This new TZG-01 adapter is made of aluminum and copper alloy and is equipped with a new 32-bit ARM processor for transferring AF information and metadata. The adapter includes internal flocking to minimize light penetration.
An autofocus motor built into the adapter powers the screw AF system on Zeiss G-mount lenses and operates in both AF-S and AF-C shooting modes, in addition to manual focus, which is adjusted using a small dial on the lens.
Techart says the adapter fully supports IBIS image stabilization as well as all AF modes including Dynamic Area AF, Area AF, and Single-Point AF. All of these features should work when shooting video, Techart says. The adapter has a built-in Micro USB port for future firmware updates and weighs only 119g.
Price and availability
Compatible Lenses List
- Carl Zeiss T* Biogon 21mm/f2.8
- Carl Zeiss T* Biogon 28mm/f2.8
- Carl Zeiss T* Planar 35mm/f2
- Carl Zeiss T* Planar 45mm/f2
- Carl Zeiss T* Sonnar 90mm/f2.8
- Carl Zeiss T* Vario Sonnar 35-70mm/f3.5-5.6
Techart TZG-01 Features
- Support AF-S and AF-S mode including face, eye, and animal detection
- Support dynamic area AF, auto-area AF, and single-point AF
- Support burst mode, timer, and remote shooting
- A release button on the side
- A dial on the side of the adapter for manual focusing
- Firmware upgradeable via Micro USB plug
- Powered by the camera body
- Weight: 119g
Recently, Techart has released the TZE-02 lens adapter for Sony E mount lens to Nikon Z mount cameras. It is an improved version of the previous TZE-01 model with support for image stabilization and manual focus lenses and is priced at $249.