Tascam recorders is one of the manufacturers when it comes to combining analog desks with recording systems. And the Tascam Model 12 Mixer/Recorder/USB Interface seems to have good genes at NAMM 2020.
The basis of the Tascam Model 12 is an analog USB audio mixer with 10 x channels. Eight of them offer 48V microphone preamps, the first six preamps are designed as Ultra HDDA pres (with better data). Classic elements of channel strips in mixing consoles, but also special features such as one-button compressors in all channels are quite luxurious. The faders measure 60 millimeters.
The Tascam Model 12 USB Audio Interface is peppered with features and special features. Examples: MIDI-I/O, PFL/AFL/SIP, Bluetooth receiver, built-in effects processor, and footswitch connection.
The multitrack Tascam recorder records in sample rates of 44.1 or 48 kHz on an SD card (max. 128 GB). All 10 channels and the stereo sum can be recorded. The USB interface can also send 10 signals to the individual channels, where they are selected.
Are there too few channels and tracks? Well, there is also a Tascam Model 16 (14TK + Stereo) and even a Tascam Model 24!
- 8 XLR mic inputs (with +48V support)/10 TRS line inputs, 3.5mm stereo input and Bluetooth 5.0 input
- Ultra-HDDA Mic Pre-amp technology (Ch 1 thru 6)
- 1-knob compressor and 3-band EQ on all input modules
- Equipped with 60mm faders
- Selectable PFL/AFL modes and in-place solo (SIP)
- Stereo output to Main L-R and Sub L-R, monaural send to Aux 1 and Aux 2
- Dual headphone outputs with individual volume and source selection
- TASCAM FX equipped
- Recording function with punch in/out support allows direct SD card 12-track recording/10-track playback
- 12-in/10-out USB audio interface function (USB Type-C connector)
- Built-in metronome function
- Bluetooth 5.0 input with AAC and SBC codec support
- Equipped with MIDI In/Out connectors, USB-MIDI interface function, and MTC output/MIDI clock output with SPP support
- Supports simple DAW control (HUI/MCU protocol emulation)
- Click output with Tap Tempo support
- Dual footswitch (TRS connector) function allows assignment of transport, FX, etc.
- Smartphone input with minus one function
Price and Availability
Tascam Model 12 Integrated Production Suite Mixer/Recorder/USB Interface with 10 channels / 12 tracks has been priced at $599.99 and it can be pre-ordered via Bhphotovideo.com store.