SmallHD has announced the Cine 18 4K high bright production monitor. The main features of the 4K display: are lightweight, durable housing, and the ability to view in daylight due to the high brightness of the monitor screen.
The SmallHD Cine 18 is a replacement for the 1703 P3X HD monitor, but with significant improvements in sharpness, resolution, and form factor. It has a solid aluminum body and an 18-inch side-lit LCD screen with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160), 10-bit color (8+2 FRC), 100% Rec. 709.
The available brightness is 1100 nits, and the maximum contrast ratio is 1000:1. The pixel density is 240 dpi, and the viewing angle is 178º. The 18 inch 4K monitor measures 18.4 x 12.7 x 2.5 inches (WxHxD) and weighs 5.44kg.
The new production monitor from SmallHD features 4x 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI inputs and outputs as well as hot-swappable power inputs, additional power inputs, and 4 removable CHEESE studs, and a removable CHEESE mounting rail for added versatility.
Price and availability
The SmallHD Cine 18 4K display costs $5,999 and is available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com website.
SmallHD Cine 18 specifications
- Display: 18.4-inch Edgelit
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Brightness: 1100nits
- Contrast: 1300:1
- Color Gamut: 100% REC.709
- Color Depth: 10-bit (8+2)
- 12G-SDI Input Types (Input): 4x 12G-SDI
- HDMI Input Types (Input): 1x HDMI 2.0 (4K60)
- 12G-SDI Output Types (Output): 4x 12G-SDI
- HDMI Output Types (Output): Coming Soon
- Audio Output Types: 1x 3.5mm 3-pin Stereo Headphone Jack(coming soon)
- Ports: 1x SD Card Slot, 1x RJ45 Ethernet, 1x RJ45 GPI
- Power (Input): 1x XLR 4-pin 12 – 34VDC IN (210W max, 12V-34V, 18A max)
- Power (Output): 2x 2pin (12V / 2A combined) 1x USB (2.4A) (Front) 1x USB (1.5A) (Front) 1x USB-C (5V / 1.5A)
- Battery Types: 1x Dual-GM/VM Batt.Plate (14/26V) (sold as accessory)
- Weight: 11.15lbs / 5.06kg
Earlier, the Chinese manufacturer Feelworld released the 6-inch on-camera monitor named LUT6S with a touchscreen, which is capable of providing 2600nit brightness, weighs 300g, consumes 16W, and pricing starts from $289.