Samyang complements the 24, 35, 50, and 85mm T1.5 VDSLR MK2 series with a new Samyang MF 14mm T3.1 VDSLR MK2 wide angle video lens with improved weather protection and 9 aperture blades, compatible with 7 mounts for Canon EF, Canon RF, Canon EF-M, Sony E, Nikon F, Fujifilm X, and MFT.
The new 14mm T3.1 VDSLR MK2 wide angle lens has a length of 9.3 … 12.3 cm and weight from 639 to 746 g (depending on the mount). Its optical design has 14 elements in 10 groups. Four types of special lenses are used, one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations and three high refractive index elements, one of which is hybrid aspherical and two of ultra-low dispersion, all of which produce high-quality images.
The video lens has 9 aperture blades for smooth, circular bokeh with a pleasing defocusing effect, and at open apertures, it produces 18-beam stars. The full frame angle of view is 115.7 °.
The minimum focusing distance is 28 cm. The lens barrel is weather-resistant, especially the most vulnerable gap between the lens and the camera mount, to prevent dust, light rain, and snow from entering. The Canon RF mount version of the lens is equipped with a rear filter holder.
Like all Samyang VDSLR MK2 lenses, the novelty has a new elegant design; black and matte color enhances usability and professionalism on set. They are lightweight yet durable and fully equipped for a variety of projects. Distance scales are readable on both sides, as are focal lengths. These functions help to work with the optics “more intuitively”.
Price and availability
The Samyang MF 14mm T3.1 VDSLR MK2 video lens has already been listed on Amazon.com, and pricing starts from $527.
Samyang MF 14mm T3.1 VDSLR MK2 Specifications
- Mount: Canon EF / Sony E / Canon RF / Nikon F / Canon M / Fuji X / MFT
- Optical Construction: 14 Elements in 10 Groups
- Negative size: 24 x 36 mm
- Angle of View: Full Frame(1:1x) – 115.7° / Super 35 – 98.4° / APS-C (1:1.5x) – 92.5° / APS-C (1:1.6x) – 89.1° / MFT (1:2x) – 72.7°
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.28 m
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Focus angle: 250°
- Aperture Angle: 36° / 45° (Nikon F)
- Dimensions: 87.0 x 96.1 mm (Canon EF) / 87.0 x 122.1 mm (Sony E) / 87.0 x 121.1 mm (Canon RF) / 87.0 x 93.6 mm (Nikon F) / 87.0 x 123.0 mm (Canon M) / 87.0 x 123.4 mm (Fuji X) / 87.0 x 120.9 mm (MFT)
- Weight: 650.2 g (Canon EF) / 711.2g (Sony E) / 746.4 g (Canon RF) / 639.6.0 g (Nikon F) / 696.4 g (Canon M) / 697.4 g (Fuji X) / 692.8 g (MFT)
Recently Sirui has also made available its 24mm F2.8 Anamorphic 1.33x lens on B&H store for $999.90. The wide angle lens is designed for Canon EF-M, Fujifilm X, Nikon Z, Sony E, and Micro Four Thirds.