Samsung has announced its first 5G rugged smartphone, the Galaxy XCover6 Pro, which runs Qualcomm’s Android 12 operating system with OneUI. The Samsung Xcover 6 Pro has 6 GB of RAM, a 128 GB flash drive, and a microSD slot.
The Samsung rugged phone is protected from moisture, dust, shock, and drops following IP68 and MIL-810H standards. You can interact with the display with wet fingers or gloves. The case has a removable back cover, and a 4050 mAh battery with support for 15-watt charging is responsible for power.
A Snapdragon 778G processor is installed, which contains eight cores with a clock speed of up to 2.5 GHz, an Adreno 642L GPU, and a Snapdragon X53 5G modem.
The screen with a diagonal of 6.6 inches has a resolution of FHD + (1080 × 2408 pixels) and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. The front camera is capable of forming 13-megapixel images. The rear camera received a 50-megapixel main sensor and an 8-megapixel unit with wide-angle optics.
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover 6 Pro has Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2 wireless adapters, an NFC controller, a USB Type-C port, a 3.5 mm headphone jack, and a programmable Push-To-Talk button. Dimensions are 168.8 × 79.9 × 9.9 mm, weight – 235 g.
Samsung Galaxy Xcover6 Pro price and availability
The factory unlocked International version of the Samsung outdoor smartphone is now listed on the Newegg.com store for $799.
Samsung Xcover 6 Pro specifications
- Display: 6.6-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ 120Hz LCD screen, 20:9 aspect ratio, Wet Touch, Glove Mode, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ protection
- CPU: Snapdragon 778G Octa-Core 6nm processor
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- RAM/ROM: 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable up to 1TB via a micro-SD card
- OS: Android 12 with Samsung One UI 4.1
- Features: Dual SIM, Samsung Knox protected, Customization via XCover Key and Top Key, Water and dust resistant (IP68), US Military Standard MIL-STD-810H
- Rear camera: 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP Ultra-Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- Front camera: 13MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C USB 3.2, POGO Pin (charging only), NFC
- Battery: 4050mAh removable battery
- Dimensions: 168.8 x 79.9 x 9.9mm
- Weight: 235g
Earlier this year, Samsung launched the Galaxy A53 5G smartphone with a 120 Hz AMOLED display, a high-quality quad camera, and decent performance at the price of $349.99, $100 less compared to its launch price of $449.99 on Amazon.