Samsung has officially launched the Galaxy A14 5G. The affordable smartphone can now be purchased in the country through outlets such as Amazon and boasts features such as a 50 MP triple camera and a fast, 6.6-inch FHD+ display with a refresh rate of 90 Hz.
Samsung officially launched the Galaxy A14 5G. The inexpensive entry-level smartphone follows the Samsung Galaxy A13 5G and is similar to it in many respects, but also brings various improvements.
Samsung A14 5G is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core SoC. The manufacturer also mentions 4 or 6 GB of RAM and 64 or 128 GB of flash memory. The storage space can be expanded by up to 1 TB via a microSD memory card.
The Infinity-V display of the new Samsung Galaxy A14 5G is slightly larger at 6.6 inches and has a higher resolution of FHD+. In addition, Samsung has given the entry-level cell phone a higher-resolution selfie snap with 13 MP (f/2.0) for the generation change. On the back, the manufacturer continues to rely on a triple cam with a 50 MP main camera (f/1.8) and two 2 MP sensors (f/2.4) for macro and depth.
The battery again has a capacity of 5,000 mAh and continues to charge with a manageable 15 watts. The operating system is Android 13 with One UI Core 5.0.
Price and availability
In the US, the new Samsung Galaxy A14 5G is cost $199.99 and can be purchased through the Amazon.com online store in Black color only.
Samsung A14 specifications
- Display: 6.6-inch FHD+ Infinity-V LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- CPU: Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- Memory/Storage: 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- OS: Android 13 with OneUI 5.0
- Rear camera: 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Features: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh (typical) battery with 15W fast charging
- Dimensions: 167.7 x 78.0 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 202g
Last week, Samsung introduced its flagship smartphones: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G (Hands-on), Samsung Galaxy S23, and Galaxy S23+ (Hands-on). Fans will be delighted to know that the new phones are powered by the Snapdragon SoC, which is said to be the fastest Snapdragon yet.