With the Galaxy A04e, Samsung has presented a supposedly cheaper alternative to the Galaxy A04s, because the new entry-level Samsung A04e smartphone removes one of the superfluous 2 MP sensors and also saves in other areas, but the design is almost similar to Galaxy A04s.
Samsung Galaxy A04e is a potentially significantly cheaper alternative to the Galaxy A04s because the new entry-level smartphone has a similar design but simplified equipment. The smartphone sticks with a 6.5-inch 720p+ display, but the frame rate is reduced from 90 Hz to 60 Hz.
The 50-megapixel rear camera is replaced by a 13 MP camera, instead of two, there is only one 2 MP sensor on the back. The 5 MP selfie camera is taken directly from the Galaxy A04s. One of the biggest downgrades is the processor, as the new model comes with a MediaTek Helio G35, which has eight ARM Cortex-A53 processor cores with clock speeds of up to 2.3 GHz, instead of the more modern Cortex-A55 cores of the Exynos 850, which works in the Galaxy A04s.
The SoC is accompanied by 3 GB to 4 GB of working memory and 32 GB to 128 GB of flash memory, whereby the latter can be expanded with a microSD memory card. The entry-level smartphone does not have an integrated 5G modem, instead, there is only LTE, 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, and a 5,000 mAh battery. The Samsung A04e is 9.1 millimeters thick and weighs 188 grams. The case should be made of plastic, as is usual in this device class. The device comes with One UI 4.1 based on Android 12.
Price and availability
The Samsung Galaxy A04e is available in light blue, copper, and black color options on Amazon.com for $130.
Samsung A04e specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ LCD Infinity-V display
- CPU: 2.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G35 12nm processor
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM + ROM: 3GB RAM with 32GB Storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB Storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- OS: Android 12 with One UI Core 4.1
- Rear camera: 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Features: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD), 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 1164.2 x 75.9 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 188g