The Rokinon introduced a new premium line of cinema lenses at the beginning of 2022. The “XEEN Meister” line complements the professional cine lenses of the Rokinon sub-brand “XEEN” with three fast primes for large image sensors: the XEEN Meister 35mm T1.3, the XEEN Meister 50mm T1.3 and the XEEN Meister 85mm T1. 3.
Their prices were not set at the time of the announcement and the lenses could not be ordered either. At the moment, the prices for each of the three cine lenses have been fixed, and they are also available for pre-order.
The new lenses are characterized by a high resolution suitable for 8K and a special coating. The latter is intended to ensure a vintage look, which is expressed by any lens flares in the recordings instead of the often too perfect or sterile impression of today’s high-performance lenses. All three lenses are offered with three mounts that are currently popular in the cinema industry: ARRI PL, Canon EF, and Sony E.
Rokinon XEEN Meister features
- 8K resolution: The XEEN Meister lenses offer unprecedented resolution
- in all areas of the image and support 8K on the full-frame cameras
- Fastest T1.3 cine lenses: The largest aperture of T1.3 enables shooting even in low light conditions and ensures more natural images and the cinematic look of an extremely shallow depth of field.
- X-Coating: Provides a distinctive look by controlling internal reflections, flare, and ghosting, creating dramatic images.
- Lens metadata recording (PL mount variants only): /i technology, which allows cameras to automatically record lens metadata, are used to make production and post-production more efficient.
- The large rotation angle of the focusing gear: The large rotation angle of 300° enables fine adjustment of the focus.
- Bi-directional scale: The focus and aperture values are displayed on both sides of the lens, allowing for easy checking and operation from either side (e.g. by the camera assistant or focus puller).
- Luminous writing: All scales, including focal length and aperture values, are provided with bright luminous paint for easy reading even in poor lighting conditions.
- High-Quality case design: High-quality case design with laser engraved XEEN Meister logo
- Titanium front tube: The front part of the lens support is made of titanium, making it light and resistant.
- PL, EF, E connector: Three connector options for mounting on a variety of cameras
Price and availability
The delivery time from the order is eight to ten weeks. The three lenses are available with ARRI PL, Canon EF, and Sony E mounts.