Along with the Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 Series II, the Bhphotovideo store has also listed the Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Series II telephoto lens for Canon EF, Canon M, Fujifilm X, Sony E and Micro Four Thirds mounts. It is positioned as a portrait photography tool and is a development of the 85mm f/1.4 model.
The optical design incorporates a 9 element in 7 groups with a Hybrid Aspherical element and UMC antireflective coatings to maximize image quality and contrast even at wide-open apertures. It comes equipped with a removable and reversible lens hood and soft lens pouch.
Rokinon 85mm features focus lock and de-click along with weather sealing. Switch the silver ring from “Click” to “Free”, then your aperture is now not stopped at every aperture as cine lenses do. This “Declick” will help you adjust the brightness continuously and smoothly with much more details between the F stops.
Price and availability
The Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Series II telephoto lens has been priced at $399 for Canon EF, Canon M, Fujifilm X, Sony E and Micro Four Thirds mount. It can be pre-ordered through the Bhphotovideo.com online store.
Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Series II Specs
- Focal Length: 85mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 136mm for Canon EF-M, 127.5mm for Fuji X, 170mm for MFT)
- Maximum Aperture: f/1.4
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Mount: Canon EF-M / Fujifilm X / Sony E / Micro Four Thirds
- Format Compatibility: APS-C
- Angle of View: 17.7° (Canon EF-M), 19.1° (Fuji X), 14.4° (MFT), 28.3° (Sony E)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.1 m
- Optical Design: 9 Elements in 7 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Focus: Manual Focus
- Image Stabilization: No
- Front Filter Size: 72mm
- Dimensions: 78 x 100.6 mm (Canon EF-M), 78 x 101 mm (Fuji X), 78 x 99.5 mm (MFT), 78 x 100.7 mm (Sony E)
- Weight: 593 g (Canon EF-M), 592 g (Fuji X), 587 g (MFT), 599 g (Sony E)