Data solution company QNAP has announced the release of the QXG-100G2SF-E810 expansion card with an Intel Ethernet Controller E810. A PCIe 4.0 x16 interface card allows two 100GbE ports to be added to the system configuration.
QNAP QXG-100G2SF-E810 NIC can be installed in a QNAP connected storage running QTS 4.5.2, QuTS hero h4.5.2 (or newer), or in a PC or server running Windows or Linux (you will need a driver from the Intel website).
For storage with a PCIe 4.0 x16 slot, the manufacturer cites the flagship model QNAP TS-h2490FU with 24 bays for U.2 SSDs equipped with a PCIe 3.0 x4 interface supporting the NVMe protocol. Of course, the new card can be installed in either a PCIe 4.0 x16 slot or a PCIe 3.0 x16 slot.
The QXG-100G2SF-E810 supports FEC to overcome packet loss – a potentially common occurrence in fast, long-distance networks. FEC helps the receiving side detect and recover lost data to correct bit errors, thus ensuring reliable data transmission over “noisy” communication channels. With three FEC modes, you can use a suitable cable and switch to build an optimal network environment.
A low-profile mounting plate is attached to the card. A full-length bar is included in the package. It is ideal for I/O-intensive and latency-sensitive virtualization and data centers and boosts network efficiency with the support of iWARP/RDMA and SR-IOV (coming soon). It supports Windows Server® (2016 or 2019) and Linux platforms (Drivers required) when used in a server or workstation.
Price and availability
QNAP QXG-100G2SF-E810 expansion card with an Intel Ethernet Controller E810 is available from Bhphotovideo.com for $899.
QNAP QXG-100G2SF-E810 Features
- Dual-port 100 GbE network expansion card
- Controller: Intel E810-CAM2 (Driver required)
- Connector: QSFP28
- PCIe interface: PCIe 4.0 x16 (backwards compatible with PCIe 3.0 x16)
- Transmission rates: 100Gbps
- Maximum total bandwidth: 100Gbps
- Supported operating systems: QTS 4.5.2 / QuTS hero h4.5.2 (or later; recommend an upgrade to the latest version); Linux/ Windows (Driver required)
- Supported QNAP NAS: Models with PCIe slot(s) (1 free slot required)
- Bracket: Low-profile bracket pre-installed; full-height bracket is bundled
- Port and cable: QSFP28 DAC cable or QSFP28 OPTIC transceiver
- Package Content: 1 x Network card; 1 x QIG; 2 x Brackets