Profoto introduced the Pro-11 2400 AirTTL studio generator. The product has received an improved protective case, new displays, and support for AirX wireless connections. According to the manufacturer – the studio oscillator has the most durable housing in the history of Profoto.
The maximum power of the Profoto Pro-11 generator is 2400 J, and the pulse duration is up to 1/80,000 s, as in the previous model Pro-10. The studio generator has 11 stops for adjusting the flash power in 1/10 stop increments. Recycle time ranges from 0.02 to 0.7 seconds, “fast flashes” up to 50 flashes per second.
Auto power adjustment, high-speed sync control, and remote setting adjustment can be done with the TTL Profoto Air remote control, which supports Sony, Nikon, Fujifilm, and Canon. Not only can you send Pro-11 updates via your phone and control it wirelessly, but you can also take a photo with your phone.
Pro-11 does not generate light on its own. It is a 13.2 kg generator (i.e. a box of capacitors) with two outputs, each with independent power regulation from 0 to 100%. Pro-11 can connect to various lighting heads.
Profoto Pro-11 Features
- Maximum power: 2400 J
- Power adjustment range: 11 steps (2.4-2400 J)
- Adjustment step: 1 stop, 1/10 stop
- Recycle time: 0.02-0.7 s (Burst shooting: up to 50 flashes per second)
- Pulse duration (t = 0.5): Normal mode – from 1/800 s (2400 J) to 1/12000 s (2.4 J), Freeze mode – from 1/1000 s (2400 J) to 1 / 80,000 s (2.4 J)
- Pulse duration (t = 0.1): Normal mode – from 1/400 s (2400 J) to 1/6500 s (2.4 J) Freeze mode – from 1/600 s (2400 J) to 1/17 500 s (2.4 J)
- Power stability: ± 1/20 stops
- Color temperature stability: Normal mode – ± 100 K from min. to max., ± 50 K flash to flash Freeze mode – ± 1500 K from min. up to max., ± 150 K flash to flash
- Guide number (relative aperture at 2 m at ISO 100): 128 for ProHead Plus and Magnum Reflector
- Continuous light: Max. power – 2 x 500 W
- Profoto AirX: Air and Bluetooth connections to any Profoto syncs and apps.
- Wireless range: to Profoto Air synchronizers – up to 300 m; to mobile devices via Bluetooth – up to 30 m
- Sync connector: ¼ (ISO 10330 standard)
- Dimensions: 21 x 29 x 30 cm (W / D / H)
- Weight: 13.2 kg
Price and availability
The Profoto Pro-11 is now available for pre-order on Bhphotovideo.com at $16,995 and shipping starts from March 1st, 2021.
Recently, Profoto has introduced the new A10 studio light that has integrated AirX technology, Bluetooth to be controlled with a smartphone, a flash of 76Ws, continuous light with LEDs, and pricing starts from $1,095.