As a further development of the A1X, the new Profoto A10 studio light has integrated AirX technology and Bluetooth and therefore can also be controlled with a smartphone. The compactness of the studio lights is identical, as is the light output with a flash of 76Ws and continuous light with LEDs. With AirX technology, the smallest of the Profoto devices enables true cross-device connectivity, both within the Profoto range and beyond.
The Profoto A10 camera lights, just like that of its predecessor, can be controlled naturally and creatively. In combination with the many available light shapers, there are many creative possibilities.
The Profoto A10 is intuitive to use, and AirTTL and HSS make it quick and easy to achieve professional results. If the A10 is used on the camera, it also serves as an AirTTL trigger, ie you can quickly and easily connect other Profoto flashes and control them from the A10. It is not only an on-camera flash system but also an independent off-camera flash. In addition, the photography light device has a short battery charging time and large power capacity.
Profoto A10 Features
- Round head with soft, smooth, and natural fall off
- AirTTL and HSS for fast professional images
- Smart magnetic click-on mount for Light Shaping Tools
- LED modeling light integrated to the head
- Air Remote built-in (6 groups, 20 channels)
- Rechargeable and exchangeable lithium-ion battery
- 1-sec recycling time to full power
- TTL/MAN switch
- Built-in auto-zoom in head with manual override handles lenses from 32 to 105mm
- Auto focus (AF) assist
- Large Hi-Res LCD display
- Compatible with all Profoto Air Remotes, wireless range up to 1000′
- Available for Canon, Nikon, Sony and Fujifilm cameras
Price and availability
The Profoto A10 is now available to pre-order on the Bhphotovideo.com website with connections for Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, and Sony and costs $1,095 or $1,195 for the camera kit included the Profoto Connect transmitter.
Back in June, Profoto has unveiled a new series of Profoto OCF II light shaping tools. Profoto offers OCF II Kit, which includes 1 x Grid, and Gel Holder, 1 x 20° Grid, 1 x Full CTO Gel, and 1 x Half CTO filters.