Polaroid honors Keith Haring and his artwork with a special edition of the new Polaroid Now instant print camera. While it is technically identical to the other Now models, it is characterized by the special design, which is unmistakably associated with Keith Haring’s creative style.
Keith Haring (1958-1990) is considered a representative of artworks of the 1980s. His works are characterized by thick lines and large areas that correspond to the graffiti and comic style that flourished at the time – a style that has now become timeless and is particularly popular with young creative people.
As a special edition, the camera corresponds technically to the other Polaroid Now models. It is equipped with an automatic flash that can be switched off, as well as autofocus, which works through an inserted lens element in two focusing areas (near) from 0.55m to 1.6m and (far) 0.6m to infinity. Both i-Type and 600 films can be used, whereby Polaroid also supplies a special film with the Keith Haring design for 8 exposures.
The camera can also be used to take dual exposures or self-timer shots using a built-in timer. It is operated by a powerful lithium-ion battery, which is fully charged for about 15 films. The camera is 94 x 112.2 x 150.2 mm in size and weighs 434 grams.
Price and availability
The new Keith Haring artworks Polaroid Now instant print camera is now available to pre-order via Amazon.com and costs $189.
Polaroid Now “Keith Haring Edition” Specifications
- Camera type: Polaroid Now i-type instant camera
- Body: Red front and Keith Haring design
- Lenses: made of polycarbonate and acrylic glass, coated
- Focal lengths: Close range (lens group 1) 94.96 mm, distance (lens group 2) 102.35 mm
- Angle of view: 41 degrees vertical, 40 degrees horizontal
- Autofocus: 2 working areas: 0.55m to 1.3m, 0.6m-infinite
- Battery: Lithium-ion battery, 750mAh, 3.7V nominal voltage, 2.7Wh
- Flash: integrated, automatic and can be switched off
- Dimensions: 94 x 112.2 x 150.2 mm
- Weight: 434 grams
- Work atmosphere: 4-42 ° C, 5-90% relative humidity
- Film compatibility: i-Type and 600 film
Last year, Polaroid has also introduced The Mandalorian Polaroid Now i-Type Instant Camera Edition which was an exclusive i-Type camera and an instant film in collaboration with Lucasfilm to celebrate the Disney+ live-action Star Wars original series The Mandalorian.