Philips has announced a new curved gaming monitor under its new Evnia brand. The most feature-rich ultra wide curved monitor is called the Philips Evnia 34M2C7600MV. The 34-inch Mini LED monitor has a VA panel with UWQHD resolution (3440 x 1440 pixels, 21:9), a maximum refresh rate of 165 Hz, 1500 R curvature, and DisplayHDR 1400 certification. The 1152 mini-LED zones of the backlight make a significant contribution to the latter.
Other features of the Philips 34M2C7600MV are a 3000:1 contrast ratio, a 2.5 ms fast gray change, 1400 cd/m² peak brightness, and 10-bit color depth (8-bit + FRC). In addition, the specs state 140 percent sRGB, 97 percent DCI-P3, 92.9 percent Adobe RGB and a Delta-E value of less than 2. Only Adaptive Sync is listed as the sync technology against tearing – it is to be hoped that it is the (on paper) outstanding HDR properties that will be FreeSync Premium Pro.
Two internal 5-watt speakers with DTS, a black stabilizer, four-sided Ambiglow, and picture-in-picture or picture-by-picture modes are also part of the monitor. The connections include two HDMI 2.1 inputs, a DisplayPort 1.4, a USB 3.2 hub (Gen 1), a headphone output, and USB-C with DisplayPort alternate mode and a 90-watt power supply. Even a KVM switch was thought of so that you can operate two end devices with the same mouse-keyboard combination – without the hassle of changing cables.
In terms of ergonomics, the Philips Evnia monitor comes with rotation, tilt, height adjustment, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free backlighting. The mercury-free Philips Evnia 34M2C7600MV weighs 8.58 kg without the stand and draws 70 watts (SDR) or 100 watts (HDR) in operation.
Price and availability
Philips Evnia 34M2C7600MV curved gaming monitor has been priced at £2,327.42 and is now listed on the Amazon.co.uk website.
Philips Evnia 34M2C7600MV specifications
- Display: 34-inch VA panel, Mini LED with local dimming 1152 zones, Anti-Glare, 3H, Haze 25%
- Effective viewing area: 797.22 (H) x 333.72 (V)
- Curvature: 1500R
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 (WQHD)
- Refresh rate: 165 Hz
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Response time: 2.5 ms (Grey to Grey)
- Brightness: 1400 cd/m2
- SmartContrast: Mega Infinity DCR
- Contrast ratio: 3000:1
- Pixel Pitch: 0.23715 x 0.23715 mm
- Viewing Angle: 178º (H)/178º (V); @ C/R > 10
- Display colors: 1.07 Billion (8 bit + FRC)
- Pixel Density: 109.68 PPI
- Colour Gamut: NTSC 119.7%, sRGB 140%, Adobe RGB 92.9%, DCI-P3: 97%
- Features: sRGB, SmartImage game, Flicker-free, Low Blue Mode, EasyRead, Adaptive Sync, SmartUniformity, DisplayHDR 1400, Delta E < 2 (sRGB), Low Input Lag, 4-sided Ambiglow, KVM, Kensington lock, PIP/PBP mode
- Audio: 5 W x 2, DTS Speakers
- VESA mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Ports: 2 x HDMI 2.1, 1 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x USB-C, 4 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x USB-A 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x Headphone-out
- Stand: Height adj. (150mm), Tilt (-5/20), Swivel (-/+ 20)
- Dimensions: 807 x 549 x 290 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 10.35 kg
Philips recently introduced the Momentum 27M1C5500VL curved gaming monitor features a 34-inch VA panel with UWQHD resolution (3440 x 1440 pixels, 21:9), up to 165Hz, 1500 R curvature, HDR10 support and is priced at £239.99.