Industry, research, and the military often require more than the most robust ThinkPad. Panasonic’s latest Toughbook models reliably provide their service under the most difficult conditions worldwide. Now there is a new Panasonic Toughbook 14 inch model called Toughbook 40.
Panasonic business Toughbook models aren’t known for being light, slim, or cheap. In concrete terms, they stand for reliable computing power under the most difficult conditions and are used in the most remote corners of the earth and by the military. The new Panasonic Toughbook 14 inch model, the Toughbook 40 (FZ-40), is slightly more mobile than the previous model and offers a variety of features that you won’t find in consumer models.
The approx. 3.7 kg heavy and approx. 5.33 cm thick powerhouse is fueled either by the Intel i5-1145G7 or the i7-1185G7 in the vPro version. Most components can be easily changed and replaced by the user.
Panasonic Toughbook 14 inch FZ-40 price and availability
Panasonic Toughbook 40 specifications
- Display: 14-inch FHD 1920 x 1080 capacitive gloved touch, 1-1200 nit, IPS with direct bonding, Anti-reflective
- CPU: Intel Core i5-1145G7 vPro (4.4GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB cache) / Intel Core i7-1185G7 vPro (Up to 4.8GHz with Turbo Boost, 12MB cache)
- GPU: Intel UHD Graphics (units with 1 DIMM) / Intel Iris Xe Graphics (units with 2 DIMM) / AMD Radeon PRO W6300M
- Memory: 16-64GB total (DDR4-3200MHz) User-upgradeable RAM
- Storage: 512GB, 1TB or 2TB NVMe SSD
- Features: MIL-STD-810H (6’ drop, shock, bench handling, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/thaw, high/low temperature, temperature shock, solar radiation, contamination by fluids, humidity, salt fog, explosive atmosphere), MIL-STD-461G2, IP662, Optional C1D2 (class 1 div 2) groups ABCD, Magnesium alloy chassis with handle, User-removable xPAK’s, RAM, keyboard, battery and caged SSD (w/heater), Raised bezel for LCD impact protection, Reinforced locking port covers, Replaceable screen protector
- Audio: Integrated tetra-array microphone, Intel High Definition Audio compliant, Integrated 95db speakers (top-facing), Keyboard volume and mute controls
- Webcam: 5MP w/privacy cover & tetra-array mic, Infrared with Windows Hello support
- Ports: USB-C Thunderbolt 4, 40Gbps 3A (w/PD), USB-A x2 (10Gbps 0.9A, 5Gbps 0.9A), Optional USB-A x2 5Gbps, MicroSDXC UHS-I, HDMI 4K (optional 2nd HDMI 4K), Optional VGA, Ethernet 1Gbps RJ-45, Optional 2nd Ethernet 1Gbps RJ-45, Optional Serial (True) D-sub 9-pin, Audio In/Out 3.5mm, Dual SIM (Nano-SIM 4FF x1, eSIM x1)
- Connectivity: 4G (LTE, LTE-A), 5G (Sub6, C-band, mmWave), Multi carrier (AT&T, First Net, Verizon), Satellite GPS & CBRS Band 48 Capable, Optional dedicated GPS (u-blox NEO-M8J), Opt. quad antenna pass-through (BIOS selectable), Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (up to 2.4Gbps), Bluetooth 5.1
- Security: Intel Hardware Shield, Secured-core PC, TPM v.2.0, NIST BIOS compliant, Persistence technology by Absolute in BIOS, Secure Wipe, Kensington cable lock slot, Encrypted SSD’s (OPAL & opt. FIPS 140-2), Optional locking screws for SSD and xPAK’s, Optional fingerprint reader xPAK’s, Secured-core PC (363 DPI), Active Directory (385 DPI), Optional insertable Smart Card reader xPAK’s, Optional contactless Smart Card reader xPAK, 13.56MHz (ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 18092)
- Battery: 10.8V, 6500mAh typical Li-Ion battery, 18 hours run time, Hot swap with optional 2nd battery, charging time up to 3 hours
- Dimensions: 11.9″(L) x 13.9″(W) x 2.1″(H)
- Weight: 7.4 lbs
Doogee recently introduced the S89 series, a pair of rugged phones with an RGB light effect, an enormous 12000 mAh battery, waterproof and dustproof with its IP68 and IP69K ratings, MIL-STD-810H certified, making it drop-proof. Furthermore, it also comes with NFC, runs Android 12 OS out of the box, reverses charging, custom button, and many more.